How to get the left panel in My Computer back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prakhar18

Broken In
hey guys plz tell me how can i get the left panel back in my computer??
Its showing at the bottom..

plz view the pic below and tell me..

*www.imagehosting.gr/out.php/t7998_MyComp..bmp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
I request you to please post the image as "Thumbnail" to assist dial-up users here.

You are using Vista theme on Windows XP or it's Windows Vista OS? If it's Vista theme on Windows XP, you need to change the theme or make changes in the theme itself.

OP
P

prakhar18

Broken In
sorry guys for the image.....kindly post the replies in the other thread of the same name.... i will close this thread..

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
its definitely a theme he is using ... disable the them and everything will be normal

sakumar79

Technomancer
Typically, it is set from Tools->Folder Options->Show common tasks in folders.... But not sure for your theme if there is a problem with it or not...

Arun

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
the theme re-sets it some how to show it down ... if ur way is followed it will disable the common tasks not put em at the left ;)

sakumar79

Technomancer
Perhaps there is a registry key that will set the position of the side bar to left or right or top or bottom... Time to call on Vishal Gupta perhaps?

Arun

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Goto the folder where ur theme is stored. Most probably it'll be in following folder:

%windir%\Resources\Themes\xyz

Where "xyz" is ur theme folder.

Now under "xyz" folder u'll get following folders:

\Shell\normalcolor\

In this folder, u'll get a file "shellstyle.dll". U hv to replace this file with default Luna "shellstyle.dll" file, which will be situated in:

%windir%\Resources\Themes\Luna\Shell\NormalColor

Sparsh007

Formerly Spashy
that is the Vista tranformation pack if i am not mistaken
uninstall it or put back the default theme and evrything will be fine

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
^^ If it would be transformation pack, then how all icons in explorer, toolbar are still XP default ones? And no one will install a transformation pack just bcoz of a theme. ;)

He must be using a vista theme and by replacing the "shellstyle.dll" file, everything will be fine as he wants. :)

Sparsh007

Formerly Spashy
ie yr choice wether u wnt to keep the icons as default as after gng into the installation -control panel-add remove programs -u can edit there is an option called rebuild icon cache
i am not damn sure abt that
as you are the shell,registry guy arnd here u kno better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom