How to earn extra income online?

srdigit16

In the zone
I currently have 5 years experience as Android Developer & working as remote developer. Some users in Reddit say I deserve more salary based on my knowledge. I am not sure my current company will raise my salary. It has been 1 year I am working in my current company(previously in another company for 4 months unfortunately that company faced financial issues so moved here) so I am not sure to switch job as frequently switching job maybe a red flag. So for time being I want to earn additional income

quicky008

Technomancer
have you tried freelancing at sites like Fiverr and freelancer.in?

never used them personally but have seen many people offering various services like web development etc on those platforms which allows them to make some extra money on the side.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Don't think too much. People in Bangalore and Hyderabad are changing jobs often and it doesn't bother companies, not sure what is the mindset of the companies in your city.
Its not red flag unless you have changed 5 companies in 5 years. Start looking for a better job.

Also, it seems companies somehow are able to access salary account credits, if they spot any other regular income, they are firing the employees. That is many IT companies here in India fired lot of moonlighting employees.

If you company is small, then chances of happening this is less, you can take the risk. Check the sites mentioned on above comment and search online forums like reddit to find out which sites are reliable and protect freelancers from getting scammed.

OP
S

srdigit16

In the zone
have you tried freelancing at sites like Fiverr and freelancer.in?

never used them personally but have seen many people offering various services like web development etc on those platforms which allows them to make some extra money on the side.
Have registered in Fiverr but no response

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Registration for new people on sites like Upwork has become difficult. You have to show good skills and education for them to approve your profile. Seems like due to influx of many freelances these sites have become choosy.

OP
S

srdigit16

In the zone
Don't think too much. People in Bangalore and Hyderabad are changing jobs often and it doesn't bother companies, not sure what is the mindset of the companies in your city.
Its not red flag unless you have changed 5 companies in 5 years. Start looking for a better job.

Also, it seems companies somehow are able to access salary account credits, if they spot any other regular income, they are firing the employees. That is many IT companies here in India fired lot of moonlighting employees.

If you company is small, then chances of happening this is less, you can take the risk. Check the sites mentioned on above comment and search online forums like reddit to find out which sites are reliable and protect freelancers from getting scammed.
This is my 4th company. Left first & third company for similar reasons (layoff due to financial issues in the company, third one to prevent layoff to be precise)
I don't have a separate salary account by the company. In current company, salary is credited in my personal bank account

TheSloth

The Slowest One
This is my 4th company. Left first & third company for similar reasons (layoff due to financial issues in the company, third one to prevent layoff to be precise)
I don't have a separate salary account by the company. In current company, salary is credited in my personal bank account

Has your current company fired anyone for moonlighting? Do you know anyone in your company working on side business which generates significant income? and How long they have been working? If your company hasn't fired anyone for such reasons, then I guess it would be safe to look for remote jobs along with your main work.
Note: Once you start your 2nd job, NEVER tell your colleague that you have one more source of income.

OP
S

srdigit16

In the zone
Has your current company fired anyone for moonlighting? Do you know anyone in your company working on side business which generates significant income? and How long they have been working? If your company hasn't fired anyone for such reasons, then I guess it would be safe to look for remote jobs along with your main work.
Note: Once you start your 2nd job, NEVER tell your colleague that you have one more source of income.
Once my coworker gave me a small project & I got a small amount, afaik company hasn't fired anyone for moonlighting

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Once my coworker gave me a small project & I got a small amount, afaik company hasn't fired anyone for moonlighting

Okay. Then try Turing and crossover. Not sure how much of help it will be but no harm in trying.

Top Bottom