How to copy only selected files from memory card to local drive with preserving directory structure.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
On the right of the media button. I see now that it looks like a plus in the dark theme and not in the light theme.

See attached image for reference.

Attachments

• digit_toolbar.png
    digit_toolbar.png
    9 KB · Views: 408

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
On the right of the media button. I see now that it looks like a plus in the dark theme and not in the light theme.

See attached image for reference.
Yeah,& now I remembered its mention in one of the posts here in the past 1-2 years ago.Since I don't use dark theme I never even bothered to check this button thinking of it as some insert media/yotube like function.:facepalm:

OP
R

rupeshforu3

In the zone
Hi Windows command line utility called "robocopy" is the best to accomplish what I want.

I can achieve what I want through the following command

C:>robocopy "h:\music" "e:\copied" /S /COPYALL *.mp3 /XF *.m4a

There are also nice GUIs for this tool like eazycopy, winrobcopy and these provide an easy way to work with robocopy.

Really robocopy is very easy to learn but Linux cp command and find are difficult to understand

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Windows command line utility called "robocopy" is the best to accomplish what I want.

I can achieve what I want through the following command

C:>robocopy "h:\music" "e:\copied" /S /COPYALL *.mp3 /XF *.m4a

There are also nice GUIs for this tool like eazycopy, winrobcopy and these provide an easy way to work with robocopy.

Really robocopy is very easy to learn but Linux cp command and find are difficult to understand

My 2nd post in this thread,did you try :D btw also use eazycopy gui for robocopy. I tried winrobocopy too but eazycopy is better as it has more inbuilt switches. I also use robocopy commands tutorial to mix switches not present in eazycopy to get desired result.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
No I will try it thanks for your suggestion.

No problem,that line was actually copied from eazycopy options I use plus last 3 switches are my own which are not there in eazycopy but are valid robocopy switches(I use these to hide the annoying copy progress scrolling in eazycopy window).

OP
R

rupeshforu3

In the zone
Hi I tried eazycopy and win robocopy but win robocopy is easier to use than eazycopy because it has options to specify files to exclude such as *.m4a in GUI itself and also it has many other options.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Winrobocopy indeed has a better UI but if you want finer control then eazycopy is better in my opinion. If your task can be done with winrobocopy then prefer that.

Top Bottom