How to connect Win7 and Win8 system via ethernet cable without router?

sahil1033

In the zone
I want to transfer files over a Windows 7 and Windows 8 system through ethernet cable and I don't have a router, help required.

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Just click start on win 7(winkey+Q) & type windows easy transfer & then select i already have cable... 7 as old system & 8 as new system.(everything is quite explanatory itself.. , Beware that transfer occurs @ 10MB/s so may be a overni8 job)

try ipmessenger/teamviewer then
*ipmsg.org/index.html.en

*www.teamviewer.com/hi/index.aspx?pid=google.tv.s.int&gclid=CK_gpoKZmbkCFdCG4god51sAbQ

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
why not simply use homegroup?if you get access error when accessing shared files from win 8 change your windows 8 account to local(Control Panel > User Accounts and Family Safety > Change Account Type > Select the account you want to use > Change Password.win 8 then prompt to make account 'Local').

OP
sahil1033

sahil1033

In the zone
Just click start on win 7(winkey+Q) & type windows easy transfer & then select i already have cable... 7 as old system & 8 as new system.(everything is quite explanatory itself.. , Beware that transfer occurs @ 10MB/s so may be a overni8 job)
I selected the option of transferring through network and on of my system, ethernet connection is not showing in Control Panel-->Network & Sharing Center

OP
sahil1033

sahil1033

In the zone
You need a crossover cable .. normal ethernet cables wont work
actually earlier i was trying with a normal ethernet cable but then i got to know about crossover cable and then i was able to transfer. btw i don't get to know with what speed transfer takes place through windows easy transfer, so any help here?

Top Bottom