How to compress pdf file which contains high resolution images.

rupeshforu3

In the zone
Hi I am Rupesh from India and I have an android tablet and an Acrobat reader and a PDF file. I have tried to open it in Acrobat reader and failed to load even after 10 minutes but I have copied the above file to PC and tried to open it in Acrobat reader and it has been successfully loaded.

I have extracted the images of the above pdf file to 427 jpeg files. Surprisingly the resulted folder size is 1.2 GB and the PDF file size is 54 mb only. After that I have seen the properties of one jpeg file and it is 3.5 mb with 2048* resolution.

I think that the tablet consists of processor with lower resources and the system processor has higher resources. So the above mentioned pdf file is unable to load in the tablet.

I have opened a number of pdf files in my tablet and everything worked fine except this.

I have tried to compress the pdf file using ghost script guis like densify and workerpdf using options like ebook, screen, pre press etc.,. and unfortunately all of the resulting output files are above 150 mb.

After that I have compressed the 427 jpeg files using ffmpeg gui tool called format factory and the resulted folder size is 250 mb. I have even created pdf using a tool called ilovepdf by selecting all of the compressed jpeg files. Unfortunately the resulted output pdf file is 250 mb.

Can anyone of you suggest how to compress the pdf file by internally compressing the images present in the pdf file.

Regards

Rupesh.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Since the pdf document contains so many images its taking eons to load
So use any pdf to jpg converter and convert them to jpgs
Later compress them using any online compression tool
But here's a catch
Unless you are a registered user jpg compresser does not compress large amounts of data only to certain limit
So I think the only option is outsource this data job to anybody and get what ever format you want in the end.

Sent from my SM-M317F using Tapatalk

OP
R

rupeshforu3

In the zone
I have converted the pdf file to jpeg images and and after that I have compressed the jpeg images using ffmpeg gui called format factory.

427 jpeg images compressed are of size 150 mb.

My question is someone has created a pdf file which consists of 427 jpeg images of size 1.2 GB. Now is it possible to create a new pdf file which consists of jpeg images of size 150 mb.

My Android tablet is Lenovo A3000 H idea tab.Its specs are

1.2 ghz quad core processor
1 gb ram
16 gb internal memory

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I have converted the pdf file to jpeg images and and after that I have compressed the jpeg images using ffmpeg gui called format factory.

427 jpeg images compressed are of size 150 mb.

My question is someone has created a pdf file which consists of 427 jpeg images of size 1.2 GB. Now is it possible to create a new pdf file which consists of jpeg images of size 150 mb.

1 gb ram
16 gb internal memory

Your android tablet isn't able to cope up with the work load of the job work I think so.
Buy a better tab or convert the same job work in a Desktop PC or Laptop.
I did in the same way.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

1 gb ram
16 gb internal memory
*www.gsmarena.com/lenovo_ideatab_a3000-5353.php

You should be glad than an 8.5 year old tablet is still working and don't stress it out by loading a PDF with those many images.

Last edited:
OP
R

rupeshforu3

In the zone
Your android tablet isn't able to cope up with the work load of the job work I think so.
Buy a better tab or convert the same job work in a Desktop PC or Laptop.
I did in the same way.

May I know how to convert the same job work in a desktop PC.

OP
R

rupeshforu3

In the zone
I have tried to convert and compress pdf file in various apps like ghost script, Nitro pdf, Acrobat reader dc etc.,.

Unfortunately all the resulted pdf files are greater than 150 mb.

After that I have copied resulted pdf files to my Lenovo tab and fortunately all are working on my tablet.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I don't think you will have much good results trying to compress binary files like PDF. You should look for a way to remove the images from the PDF somehow rather than compress the whole PDF file.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
To compress the PDF first compress all the JPEG images and see the combined size of all images. You will get the idea how much the PDF size will be.

use this to compress : Caesium - Image Compressor

Top Bottom