How to clean coolers and vents of HP Pavilion G6 2005AX notebook ?

Tarun Singh

Banned
Hello fellow members,I have a HP Pavilion G6 2005AX notebook bought last year in October. Now its cooler is running very fast and making a lot of noise.I am sure it has lots of dust inside but I am not experienced in opening a laptop and all that stuff. The laptop has vents in left side and in center at the bottom.Should I open it or there is an alternative way like compressed air ? I am completely noob so please bear me.:cry:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Hello fellow members,I have a HP Pavilion G6 2005AX notebook bought last year in October. Now its cooler is running very fast and making a lot of noise.I am sure it has lots of dust inside but I am not experienced in opening a laptop and all that stuff. The laptop has vents in left side and in center at the bottom.Should I open it or there is an alternative way like compressed air ? I am completely noob so please bear me.:cry:

i have the same lappie dot open it up the fan is always noisy for some reason mines still as noisy as the day i got it
there wont be much dust in it unless there is abnormal heating etc

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent

Don't use compressed air as it could damage the fan...
Here's a video on how to disassemble your laptop...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVQ2EJvZL-g&app=desktop&persist_app=1&client=mv-google&gl=IN&guid=&hl=en

But, I doubt your problem is due to dust accumulation... Send it for servicing if you are afraid to open your laptop... :)

OP
Tarun Singh

Tarun Singh

Banned
Don't use compressed air as it could damage the fan...
Here's a video on how to disassemble your laptop...
Laptop Maintenance - YouTube

But, I doubt your problem is due to dust accumulation... Send it for servicing if you are afraid to open your laptop... :)

Thanks for the link dude.But my lappy is not in warranty and can you quote the price of servicing ? Should I send it to HP ?

Top Bottom