How to Block Youtube Ads

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Now I use ReVanced Extended available on XDA.
Termux installation is easy and best... Revacify

And smart tube next on tv

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Youtube is cracking down on adblockers:

www.businessinsider.in/tech/news/youtube-is-using-pop-ups-to-tell-people-to-stop-using-ad-blockers-frustrating-users/articleshow/104447923.cms

However, ublock has new rules to bypass it. So, if you are using Ublock, update your filter list and you'll be fine.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I got a warning about using adblockers on youtube. Would google really take action ?

I'd switch to Brave, but they just heavily push bloatware down our throats, the VPN, the Crypto wallet and crap.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Any solution for iOS?
*apps.apple.com/us/app/switch-to-android/id6449987166
I got a warning about using adblockers on youtube. Would google really take action ?

I'd switch to Brave, but they just heavily push bloatware down our throats, the VPN, the Crypto wallet and crap.
The ads are creeping in, not fully loading in Brave, but I can see them.

shreeux

Movie Buff
How to skip this...Using Google Chrome with Adblock

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    38.1 KB · Views: 55

shreeux

Movie Buff
Use ublock. Go to settings and purge caches, then update filters. Once update completes do a hard refresh on YouTube (Ctrl + F5).

Repeat if it doesn't work. The community are constantly fighting youtube and updating filters almost hourly.
Tried many times...Copy same url in Brave working fine

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Not sure about Chrome. I use uBlock on Firefox and I have not faced any ads in a long time. There was one issue where the ad audio would play but the video would be blank. After doing a hard refresh, it got fixed.

Top Bottom