How to backup photos from iphone without cluttering?

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Anyone know how to solve cluttering of camera pics with whatsapp attachment photos in iphone, Its hard to backup they all are mixing up.I tried Photos app still same result.How do you guys backup photos from iphone to external drive. @Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Sorry man, can't help you. I am an iOS/macOS dev, don't use iOS device personally. lol
But I can provide a solution which might/might not be feasible. If you have a NAS, install syncthing server on it and install synching client on your phone. Every time you are on your home network, it would automatically sync photos quietly. I don't know if syncthing exists on iOS, do check it out.
Still, this doesn't solve your original question, your photos getting mixed with WhatsApp crap. You would need to do some googling to figure that out, unfortunately.

Resilio sync is on iOS which seems to be a syncthing alternative, but it has limited free features.

Last edited:
OP
pkkumarcool

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Sorry man, can't help you. I am an iOS/macOS dev, don't use iOS device personally. lol
But I can provide a solution which might/might not be feasible. If you have a NAS, install syncthing server on it and install synching client on your phone. Every time you are on your home network, it would automatically sync photos quietly. I don't know if syncthing exists on iOS, do check it out.
Still, this doesn't solve your original question, your photos getting mixed with WhatsApp crap. You would need to do some googling to figure that out, unfortunately.

Resilio sync is on iOS which seems to be a syncthing alternative, but it has limited free features.
oh no problem man I dont have a NAS that solution is a bit far I am looking for something that will remove clutter while copying like we do in android There is a seperate whatsapp folder and camera folder but not in case of IOS these are seperated but when we copy there is mixing I guess the photos are sorted Date wise instead of seperate folder.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

There isn't really such a thing as a "syncthing server". All devices are peers and when added to each other, they sync files among themselves.

Not sure about NAS though if they have a proprietary firmware UI. But it the NAS runs Linux, then synching can be installed there and act like a peer.

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Found this:
*www.igeeksblog.com/how-to-disable-whatsapp-saving-downloading-images-videos-on-iphone/
*www.howtogeek.com/294372/needs-2nd-section-how-to-stop-whatsapp-auto-saving-images/

Nerevarine

Incarnate
There isn't really such a thing as a "syncthing server". All devices are peers and when added to each other, they sync files among themselves.

Not sure about NAS though if they have a proprietary firmware UI. But it the NAS runs Linux, then synching can be installed there and act like a peer.

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk
Well I meant syncthing reciever but you get what I mean

Top Bottom