how much time it will take for learning web development?

clerkman1612

Journeyman
:cool:I am currently doing web designing course. I have reached upto CSS in it.
But since I want to be a proffessional web designer and web developer, I want to know more about it. :reading:My teacher said me it will take 3 months for completing web designing course. So now I m wondering how much time will it take to complete web development.:confused: So May I need to take a separate course/classes for it? I have seriously taken web designing + web development as my career. So Plz guys help me in it. Thanks in Advance:grin:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Pretty tough, it depends on person to person. For me, it took 6 months to learn web development with J2EE as my development platform. If you take LAMP, not more than 1 months. Since you involve in web designing too it will be 3 months for sure, as you need to learn abt lot of tools.

Whistler81

The One and Only
I am in a similar condition and level of expertise but i suggest you to research. find out and then choose what flavor of web development are you actually like. furious_gamer suggested LAMP thats Linux Apache MySQL PHP which is similar to WAMP Windows and the same thing. While furious_gamer is doing J2EE which is pretty higher stuff (you use Oracle as database). WAMP is the most common other technologies such as coldfusion also are ued extensively. There it is, research and you'll see which suites your style. I a doing WAMP. Good Luck.

Top Bottom