How is Lava Agni phone?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
So I am researching on a new phone after I have spent more than 6 years with my current LG G6 (since Office and Teams, my office apps aren't compatible with this phone now).

I came across this phone from Indian manufacturer: Lava Agni 5G. (**www.lavamobiles.com/agni-2/)

Now my last experience with Lava phone was more than a decade back with feature phone and it was bad. But I am curious to know opinions, experiences or reviews about this phone. I want to give Indian manufacturer a chance.

Is Mediatek Dimensity processor any good. In sub 20k, I really think it seems VFM.

Geekyranjit's review is promising with some minor bugs, that I am sure Lava can fix with a software update.
There's no headphone jack, but atleast they provided Type C to 3.5 mm dongle. And I have seen myself transitioning to wireless headsets eventually.

Thoughts?

Lava made a decent phone hardware wise & put stock android in it with 2 OS update promise (till android 15). But the pace of updates are still questionable, yet to get android 14. D7050 is good.

Moto G64 is launching tomorrow with same SoC, so can wait for that as it will boot android 14 out of the box & Moto does update its phone even if it is the slowest compared to Samsung, BBK or Xiaomi.

Poco X6 5G is another option but the SoC is made at Samsung fab, so not the most efficient chip. Your call on preference between stock & custom UI, but latter's annoying push notifications can be stopped (guides available online).

www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=12723&idPhone2=12271&idPhone3=12925

Top Bottom