How frequently do you discharge your laptop battery ?

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Calibration is mostly done to correct misreadings. Anyway, my approach worked best for me, and for whom I suggested, so I said. :)

- - - Updated - - -

You got one hell of a battery.

btw does your battery really run for 4 hrs or just shows ?

Sorry for pretty late reply.
My usage-
*Plugged in 90% of the time. When on battery I really ensure no heavy usage like HD movies/games etc. Only Ebook reading or browsing.
*Calibrate battery once every month.

Today's condition.
Battery Wear-10%
Battery(along with notebook) is nearing 3 years life. Still on a full charge it gives about
-5 hours of Ebook reading life. Power Saving Power Plan with 50% brightness/Intel HD/WIn 8.1/SSD
-3.5-4 hours of browsing on Wifi
-2.5-3 hours of Videos/Music etc.
And these values are the ones given by laptop in actual world,and not shown. I never pay attention to that crap which is shown at bottom.

No matter what people say,I have read that these practices are good for battery health. 100% plugged in also kills battery due to heat etc,while heavy usage like playing BF4 on battery kills it. I have followed these very religiously,and it has gifted me the best ever battery life on a Gaming laptop I hav ever seen( I am talking of 6 cells). Mind you,mine is a HP(famous for heating,but rarely heats up in my experience) with a Core i7(known to be a battery killer) with a strong GPU.
So if I am concerned,I will always advice people to use laptop battery lightly,and rarely.
BUTTTT-Having it always plugged in will also kill the battery in the long run. It actually decreases the charge retention capability of the Li ions. If you fall under this category,I recommend calibration once every two months.

Top Bottom