How about this TRIVIAL upgrade???

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
@TDF Friends, I just want a suggestion/advice regarding a TRIVIAL upgrade to my PC, if I WANT TO DO SO(optional) within a very minimum budget.

Please suggest accordingly...

First of all I AM NOT A GAMER!!!

I have CPU: AMD Phenom -II X2 560(BLACK EDITION),socket AM3
RAM: 2x2GB + 2x1GB = 6GB Total from (KINGSTON + TRANSCEND)[All the 4 modules are having a frequency of 667Mhz; DDR2 memory]

Keeping all other components fixed, If I want to upgrade MOTHERBOARD & GPU only,will this be a wise choice(KEEPING IN MIND THE BUDGET).

My choices are:

Motherboard : ASROCK N68C-GS FX AM3+ NVIDIA GEFORCE 7025 / NFORCE 630A MICRO ATX AMD MOTHERBOARD (This mobo supports DDR3 as well as DDR2 memory modules SEPARATELY...Fabulous!!!)(Rs.3,660/- at The ITWares)

GPU : ZOTAC GRAPHICS CARD GT 630 1GB SYNERGY EDITION (96 Cuda Cores)(Rs.3,744/- at M.D. Computers)

Any views on this regard?

quicky008

Technomancer
if this minor upgrade doesn't cost too much and fulfills all your requirements,you can certainly go for it.You haven't mentioned why exactly do you wish to upgrade your pc,therefore you'll have to decide for yourself whether it will be worthwhile or not.Btw 4 GB of ram will suffice for this pc-i don't think you'll need greater than 4gb as you aren't a gamer.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
^^Actually intend to use my PC more or less as a HTPC system(obviously Low End).

Top Bottom