Honor View 10 vs OnePlus 5T??? Help me choose

gohan89

Broken In
I am planning to upgrade from Sony Xperia SP way back from 2013. I have come down to two difficult choices -The Oneplus 5T and the Honor View 10.

The OnePlus 5T has the AMOLED and Dash Charge with Camera with Optical Stabilization.

The Honor View 10 has expandable storage, greater phone memory and dual VoLTE and according to many reviewers better camera and finally 3k cheaper.

Please let me know which is the better option as I prefer having expandable storage and good camera with good after sales service.

Waiting for your suggestions.

OP
gohan89

gohan89

Broken In
1. Budget? 33k max...prefer lower
2. Display type and size? Display with good color reproduction and sunlight legibility
3. Dual sim? Yes
4. Preferred choice of brand? None but should have good after sales service
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? Dual rear camera
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc). Android
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready). 4G Volte
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? Casual gaming, internet always, watching lot of videos
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? Honor View 10 vs OnePlus 5T
10. Any other info that you want to share- Please let me know which is the better option as I prefer having expandable storage and good camera with good after sales service.

Honor has a Kirin processor+emui. Don't buy.
That's no reason to avoid it. Kirin 970 is flagship grade & EMUI is good enough. Stock vs Skinned OS is more of a personal choice as skinned ones have more features usually, the stock is just a few milliseconds faster which is no way noticeable unless compared side by side with a skinned one.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
That's no reason to avoid it. Kirin 970 is flagship grade & EMUI is good enough. Stock vs Skinned OS is more of a personal choice as skinned ones have more features usually, the stock is just a few milliseconds faster which is no way noticeable unless compared side by side with a skinned one.
EMUI is not just a skin. Sony phones have a skin, not a modified OS.

I am planning to upgrade from Sony Xperia SP way back from 2013. I have come down to two difficult choices -The Oneplus 5T and the Honor View 10.

The OnePlus 5T has the AMOLED and Dash Charge with Camera with Optical Stabilization.

The Honor View 10 has expandable storage, greater phone memory and dual VoLTE and according to many reviewers better camera and finally 3k cheaper.

Please let me know which is the better option as I prefer having expandable storage and good camera with good after sales service.

Waiting for your suggestions.
OP 5T doesn't have OIS. It has EIS which helps only in videos (not for still shots). 5T's Oxygen OS has a decent amount of added features over stock android (kind of how Sony does it). I'd recommend OP 5T just for the AMOLED display. 64GB should be more than enough for most people & shouldn't feel less even after a few years.

If you carry too many files on your phone then Honor's 128GB would be more practical for you. Honor also has fast charging, so a bit faster charging of OP isn't a big difference. By dual 4G most companies mean that both SIM slots support 4G but only one of them can use 4G at a time. In some dual SIM phones just one slot supports 4G, so you would have to physically swap SIM if you want to use 4G from 2nd SIM. In terms of after sales, Honor should have a better network at least because Huawei is a much bigger company & it has been in Indian market for long.

Last edited:
EMUI is not just a skin. Sony phones have a skin, not a modified OS.
I just used skinned OS for any OS other than stock. EMUI is indeed heavily modified but it isn't laggy or anything by any means. A Honor 4X runs smooth enough for daily usage & its lag was noticeable to me only when I compared it side by side with my Z3C. In some youtube speedtests, Honor 7X was faster than Mi A1. So I would say EMUI is nicely optimized.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Don't get honor, please read this
Honor 8 may not get Oreo update

Last edited:

maheshn

Journeyman
Well, as far as I know there *is* a 128GB storage version of the OnePlus, and it is available in India. Why is no one seemingly aware of this?

P. S. I don't have either of the phones mentioned by the OP myself, just my two cents....

Oh, and it's available from Amazon India (Sale on Jan 20).

Well, as far as I know there *is* a 128GB storage version of the OnePlus, and it is available in India. Why is no one seemingly aware of this?

P. S. I don't have either of the phones mentioned by the OP myself, just my two cents....

Oh, and it's available from Amazon India (Sale on Jan 20).
For 38k, the price difference of 5k is large. 8GB RAM isn't something which is necessary, 6GB is already an overkill.

OP
gohan89

gohan89

Broken In
@billubakra @SaiyanGoku @anupam_pb

I have not yet bought it...will buy this weekend

I am still confused among the two...Both equally matched

I read about AMOLED burn-in...will the OnePlus 5T display last long? The Honor View LTPS LCD will definitely last longer.

Is there any official news about a OTA update for the Honor View 10 regarding low light improvement and EIS addition? Then I will grab the Honor View 10...

Can anyone provide feedback about OnePlus after sales..That is also another worry? Do the older OnePlus models suffered slow down ,battery drain, display problems yet?

billubakra

Conversation Architect

I read about AMOLED burn-in...will the OnePlus 5T display last long? The Honor View LTPS LCD will definitely last longer.

Is there any official news about a OTA update for the Honor View 10 regarding low light improvement and EIS addition? Then I will grab the Honor View 10...

Can anyone provide feedback about OnePlus after sales..That is also another worry? Do the older OnePlus models suffered slow down ,battery drain, display problems yet?
The SOT of the 5t is just fine but they have a pathetic customer support. Do check whether there's a service center in your city or not before ordering one. About Honor's ota head over to XDA and ask one of their reps. Also check the A8+ in this range, seems promising.

Burn in is a rare issue & occurs with a prolonged display of one particular image. I don't know about Oneplus but Samsung said that it moves its navigation buttons by few pixels (maybe on each wake up) to avoid burn in. I doubt Oneplus uses some cheap AMOLED, if so older phones like OP3 would have made a bad image. Blacks of AMOLED makes it good to look at.

No wonder your requirements create a conflict, OP 5T has better display (anything above 1080p isn't observable unless using VR) & bit better camera in low light whereas Honor has more storage, better after sales & cheaper. So you have to rank your priorities maybe then you can reach a decision. Both are good phones & Honor is pretty close to OP in speed tests, so I won't say OP is faster.

Top Bottom