Honor Play vs Xiaomi Mi A2

So, do you play a lot of games on your phone? How important is performance when you are buying a new smartphone? Let your thoughts be known below.
I don't play many games on my smartphone & performance isn't my first priority. Nowadays smartphone SoCs have gotten a lot stronger. Personally, I'm fine with mid-range phones but since a compact body & camera are my top priorities, along with a sensible price, I'm usually unable to find the perfect smartphone for myself nowadays. I think my current smartphone is a bit bigger than I'd like it to be (reducing it proportionally to 5.5" would have been perfect).

@riya123

Broken In
Dual-lens cameras are pretty commonplace these days, but photographs under low-light conditions remains a challenge: Xiaomi's Mi A2 seems to have cracked the formula.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
So, do you play a lot of games on your phone? How important is performance when you are buying a new smartphone? Let your thoughts be known below.
I play PUBG on my RN3 because I don't have a proper PC. If I had it, I'd never consider playing games on my phone.
As for "gaming" performance on a phone, I don't really care about it as every other game runs just fine without any frame-drops on my current phones.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
The Honor Play gets the edge here, which makes sense considering the phone is aimed the gaming audience. As any gamer knows, performance does matter.
EMUI is a bottleneck for Honor Play. Without it and having option to unlock the bootloader, phone would've been perfect choice for 20k.

Divya sharma

Broken In
Participate in our Honor discussions, post your opinions, get likes on your posts and stand to win an Honor 10 worth ₹33,000 & up to ₹70,000 PayTM cash!

*lh6.googleusercontent.com/_HsBxgoUJr112QEKHBenmLjye4FLJDrr1YbXkMV8jUYMO_WiDRJRsAU8MUXCwdzDVp_v2CoRVX4fQpPRZUrAgPTxvBP7C-zwJ6elnkTBlNqq5xByX5RMRiilxa-nnP2ouLbRP7oS​

The Honor Play and the Xiaomi Mi A2 are the newest smartphones by Honor and Xiaomi respectively. The two devices are also pretty evenly priced. Let’s take a look at how the two devices fare in a specification comparison, starting off with the display.

The Honor sports a 6.3-inch display, which is larger than the 5.99-inch display offered by the Xiaomi Mi A2. This large size makes sense as the Honor Play is designed to be a gaming smartphones.

With a larger screen, a smaller portion of the display is covered up with your thumbs. Pretty useful if you don’t use a controller for gaming.

Both phones feature a taller display aspect ratio. In the case of the Honor Play, it is a 19:9 aspect ratio, while the Xiaomi offers a 18:9 aspect ratio. Both devices also offer an IPS LCD panel.

The Honor Play offers a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels, while the display on the Xiaomi Mi A2 offers a resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels.

So, do you prefer the large display, or a more compact one? What do you think is the ‘sweet spot’ when it comes to displays with the taller aspect ratio? Let your thoughts be known below.

Like we said earlier, post your comments and stand to win an Honor 10 worth ₹33K and up to ₹70,000 PayTM money. For more info, check here in a new tab for more details.
Participate in our Honor discussions, post your opinions, get likes on your posts and stand to win an Honor 10 worth ₹33,000 & up to ₹70,000 PayTM cash!

*lh6.googleusercontent.com/_HsBxgoUJr112QEKHBenmLjye4FLJDrr1YbXkMV8jUYMO_WiDRJRsAU8MUXCwdzDVp_v2CoRVX4fQpPRZUrAgPTxvBP7C-zwJ6elnkTBlNqq5xByX5RMRiilxa-nnP2ouLbRP7oS​

The Honor Play and the Xiaomi Mi A2 are the newest smartphones by Honor and Xiaomi respectively. The two devices are also pretty evenly priced. Let’s take a look at how the two devices fare in a specification comparison, starting off with the display.

The Honor sports a 6.3-inch display, which is larger than the 5.99-inch display offered by the Xiaomi Mi A2. This large size makes sense as the Honor Play is designed to be a gaming smartphones.

With a larger screen, a smaller portion of the display is covered up with your thumbs. Pretty useful if you don’t use a controller for gaming.

Both phones feature a taller display aspect ratio. In the case of the Honor Play, it is a 19:9 aspect ratio, while the Xiaomi offers a 18:9 aspect ratio. Both devices also offer an IPS LCD panel.

The Honor Play offers a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels, while the display on the Xiaomi Mi A2 offers a resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels.

So, do you prefer the large display, or a more compact one? What do you think is the ‘sweet spot’ when it comes to displays with the taller aspect ratio? Let your thoughts be known below.

Like we said earlier, post your comments and stand to win an Honor 10 worth ₹33K and up to ₹70,000 PayTM money. For more info, check here in a new tab for more details.
The display could be another advantage Honor Play has over Mi A2. Compared to Mi A2, the Honor Play has a notch.

Divya sharma

Broken In

*lh3.googleusercontent.com/d1f-t3YJDoBazJvBL-OZApYHryANohpOlYls3p32KlbX_DGS_QyaR5BOzCgjmRM4iT36o5BXpxoBNmzOvBfCFnIxxYbdHy26qNlXeczeGMrXQQPEfD4x8HnW07NVDZEkilmTGhU8

The Honor Play and the Xiaomi Mi A2 are both pretty impressive devices when it comes to performance. However, the two are quite different from each other.

The Xiaomi Mi A2 is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 SoC. This chipset features eight Kryo 260 cores grouped in two clusters of four cores each.

The Honor Play is powered by a Kirin 970 SoC, which is also an octa-core chipset. However, this sports four Cortex A73 cores and four Cortex A53 cores.

In terms of graphics, the Snapdragon 660 sports an Adreno 512, while the Kirin 970 packs a Mali-G72 MP12.

The Honor Play gets the edge here, which makes sense considering the phone is aimed the gaming audience. As any gamer knows, performance does matter.

On top of this, The Honor Play also comes with the company’s GPU Turbo tech which is said to improve performance, while reducing power consumption. A win-win situation.

Besides GPU Turbo, users also get to enjoy other gaming-centric features like 4D Smart Shock and 3D Surround Sound.

gaming is a delight on the Honor Play. The phone handles visually demanding games with aplomb, and playing PUBG on the device is loads of fun with a 3700mAh battery under the hood, the Honor Play also delivers much better battery life.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Even though xiaomi released their poco phone with SD845 still honor play looks way better than that phone

OP
Digit-Brand

Digit-Brand

The Digit brand team
Admin

*lh4.googleusercontent.com/ELWC4m2EJ_XRjHWBs7dxHlgtDgZX-X4M60SRonwACyO_V7Wzo4NmgIiBTx_XuOELQgHxj2vCrU4ZM4xbUkN4e-6qkcK0YSLXHYk4rhTqEKqUvmOa9-pKpOkETzNsiEWjHdgI4fgy​

It doesn’t matter if you like listening to music, watching videos or playing games. Audio plays a very important part of the experience.

The Xiaomi Mi A2 and the comes with a single speaker located at the bottom of the phone, which is par for the course when it comes to smartphone speakers.

However, the phone does not feature a 3.5mm audio jack. This can be a bit a bit of an issue for anyone still using a ‘traditional’ wired headphones. Thankfully, you do get a USB Type-C to 3.5mm audio adapter with the box.

The Honor Play comes with a 3.5mm headphone jack. So those with wired headphones don’t have to worry about buying new wireless headphones.

On top of this, the device also comes with 3D Surround Sound, which makes gaming on the device quite an enjoyable experience.

This is especially useful considering the fact that the Honor Play is a gaming centric device. So when you are playing a game like PUBG, you’ll have better spatial awareness.

So, do you think that the 3.5mm headphone jack is already passé? Are are using a wired or a wireless headphone? Sound off below.

SilentAssassin

Broken In
The Honor Play comes with a 3.5mm headphone jack. So those with wired headphones don’t have to worry about buying new wireless headphones.
Yeah, I don't even need that much thin phone without a headphone jack.
On top of this, the device also comes with 3D Surround Sound, which makes gaming on the device quite an enjoyable experience.
Nice example, cause in gaming sound is really important and I love the surround sound.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Xiaomi’s new Pocophone F1 undercuts rivals with a low price and high-end processor

Jai Mani, the lead product manager for Xiaomi’s India ambitions, tells me that the company scoured Reddit forums while developing the F1, seeing users write that what they wanted were bigger batteries and a decent processor, but lamenting that “we’re geeks, no one will listen to us.” Those comments inspired the product team to incorporate the Pocophone F1’s big battery and high-end processor.

This is how you take user feedbacks.

SilentAssassin

Broken In
Xiaomi’s new Pocophone F1 undercuts rivals with a low price and high-end processor

Jai Mani, the lead product manager for Xiaomi’s India ambitions, tells me that the company scoured Reddit forums while developing the F1, seeing users write that what they wanted were bigger batteries and a decent processor, but lamenting that “we’re geeks, no one will listen to us.” Those comments inspired the product team to incorporate the Pocophone F1’s big battery and high-end processor.

This is how you take user feedbacks.
Nice job. I don't know that honor even reading anything here. Xiaomi made a really good phone and this way gonna make them to the top.

Poco by Xiaomi is just a deliberate attempt by Xiaomi. They had to do something as they didn't allow Mi A2 to be a good phone (3.5mm jack & a 4000mAh battery would have made it a good choice). Moreover, Honor Play at 20k was threatening almost all the sales of Mi A2 due to the popularity of PUBG.

Interested to see how the Poco is actually from some comparisons between it & Honor Play. I personally think Honor Play does have a better batter build no matter how you look at it.

This is especially useful considering the fact that the Honor Play is a gaming centric device. So when you are playing a game like PUBG, you’ll have better spatial awareness.

So, do you think that the 3.5mm headphone jack is already passé? Are are using a wired or a wireless headphone? Sound off below.

3.5mm jack is one of the main requirements of my smartphone because when I'm traveling there are instances when I'm watching some video on my phone & I'm charging it with power bank as well. I don't understand why some companies omit it when their phone is neither thin nor compact, like Mi A2 or Sony flagships or iPhone 8.

Lack of a headphone jack is not a dealbreaker for the older people like my parents who don't use earphones with their phones. I find it very annoying & rude when some people watch videos on their phones in public places without an earphone.

Navinxn

Broken In
3.5mm jack is one of the main requirements of my smartphone because when I'm traveling there are instances when I'm watching some video on my phone & I'm charging it with power bank as well. I don't understand why some companies omit it when their phone is neither thin nor compact, like Mi A2 or Sony flagships or iPhone 8.

Lack of a headphone jack is not a dealbreaker for the older people like my parents who don't use earphones with their phones. I find it very annoying & rude when some people watch videos on their phones in public places without an earphone.
I don't understand the companies that don't use 3.5mm jack either. When the phone is charging, I want to use headphone at the same time, I always shout in my mind how the stupid and annoying design!

Top Bottom