Honor GPU Turbo technology

Digit-Brand

The Digit brand team
Admin
Participate in our Honor discussions, post your opinions, get likes on your posts and stand to win an Honor 10 worth ₹33,000 & up to ₹70,000 PayTM cash!

*lh6.googleusercontent.com/gEtTF0ZVL9Ns4822hEdtEBswpXItR1Chz3uzCVkPHmRamTbQFjqBIMKE5JqqENWAWOC4KmOIOvq1peLcwZpOf1V9gHU8OZclxRhej4ZGp3Bvqdu9FLp5YUCTiC3Qzcyi-nFlX3b0​

When it comes to devices, faster is always better. To help you satisfy your need for speed, Honor has developed a new technology called GPU Turbo.

By integrating hardware and software, Honor claims to have dramatically increase graphics processing efficiency of phones. In fact, the company claims that this tech improves graphics processing efficiency by 60%, which reducing SoC energy consumption by 30%.

Honor says that the GPU Turbo tech reconstructs the traditional graphics processing framework at the lower layer system. It also notes tat with a greater rendering ability, Honor devices are able to achieve graphics quality with GPU Turbo.

As you might have guessed by now, GPU Turbo can be really helpful for gamers. Especially when you consider that mobile game space is slowly getting dominated by Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA) games. As any MOBA player will tell you, these games can really push a smartphone to its limits.

Not just games, but other tech such as Augmented Reality (AR) as well as Virtual Reality (VR) is impacted by GPU Turbo tech. So the future potential of this tech is pretty big.

GPU Turbo is already in action in the Honor Play smartphone. However, it will also be making its way to other Honor devices such as the Honor 10, Honor View10, Honor 9 Lite and Honor 7X.

So, what do you guys think about the GPU Turbo tech? Comment below and let your thoughts be known.

Like we said earlier, post your comments and stand to win an Honor 10 worth ₹33K and up to ₹70,000 PayTM money. For more info, check here in a new tab for more details.

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
By integrating hardware and software, Honor claims to have dramatically increase graphics processing efficiency of phones. In fact, the company claims that this tech improves graphics processing efficiency by 60%, which reducing SoC energy consumption by 30%.
What was the baseline for these results? Could you post detailed analysis reports with graphs/charts like every reputed PC hardware reviewer does?

Mayur Shinde

Right off the assembly line
I like Aurora Glass Design and Ultrasonic Fingerprint of this phone as it is outstanding
I hate my current phones processor it is mediateck processor and it is very slow

billubakra

Conversation Architect
OC at its best as per xda reviews. Hope you can remove the notch and let go of the skin and Honor will be my next phone if I am able to afford it.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
OC at its best as per xda reviews. Hope you can remove the notch and let go of the skin and Honor will be my next phone if I am able to afford it.
I think its too late to suggest improvements. Unless they include our suggestions in the next iteration, which I also doubt because they would be following market trends instead just like they are doing now with the notch.

It would be great for Honor if benchmarks & games can show the improvements claimed by the company. But I'm not sure if its meant to improve performance as well or just the battery life.

This technology is super exciting.My phone lags a lot while playing games but now i think this problem is going to be solved.
Tell me if there will be a price hike in devices due to this technology.

Still, I don't think they will pull something like Lenovo just for publicity.

I hope someone sues Lenovo for that bezel-less teaser.

Charchit Sharma

Journeyman
GPU technology is Good in sense, as it works in optimization and increasing performance by reducing other app function on GPU usage. We are aware of the PC game booster's right that's the software part it increases the performance a little. But, hardware optimization is different and integration of hardware and software optimization will do surely increase performance reducing the load and heat.
For those who think it's a fancy word for OVERCLOCKING, here's the thing if you have done it, overclocking increases the load and battery consumption to increase performance.

Deepankur19

Broken In
I am waiting to see what positive change this Turbo GPU is going to bring in Honor devices...

Let the OTA UPDATES BE ROLLED OUT

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
All are waiting for the GPU turbo to come as soon as possible cause the arm Mali GPU mp3 12 is not as good as adreno 630 GPU so hope so the GPU turbo increase the mobile graphics performance and gaming
You can't beat a top of the line GPU by just overclocking. If it was true, qualcomm would've beat nVidia's Tegra's performance long ago.

Charchit Sharma

Journeyman
All are waiting for the GPU turbo to come as soon as possible cause the arm Mali GPU mp3 12 is not as good as adreno 630 GPU so hope so the GPU turbo increase the mobile graphics performance and gaming
Turbo mode just optimizes the performance, it won't be able to increase the performance level too much!

Akshaysrk

Right off the assembly line
Anyone using honor 10 received gpu turbo , does it genuinely make it better in performance coz on honor 7x gaming is too bad i hope it fix the issue and make it better. If so anyone do reply

Top Bottom