Honor EMUI discussion thread

nehamalini

Broken In
My friend uses some Samsung phone which she buy for 15 thousand. It is slow. I hope honor emui phones don't have this problem

Minion

Conversation Architect
When is Honor going to replace EMUI with Android One?
Maybe never, people have been requesting for sometime now but they don't want to lose their beloved EMUI Lenovo failed to grab any market share due to poor UI and now they don't even exist
Same thing gonna happen if honor don't change their attitude and starts listening to user

raunakchawla

Broken In
After using Samsung phones for so many years, I hate any form of custom ui's, including emui. Please make emui look not like a copy of iOS.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Maybe never, people have been requesting for sometime now but they don't want to lose their beloved EMUI Lenovo failed to grab any market share due to poor UI and now they don't even exist
Same thing gonna happen if honor don't change their attitude and starts listening to user
Nobody knows why Lenovo isn't doing anything except making few overpriced Moto phones which won't have assured updates.
Lenovo vanished because of no user interest. Who'd buy their phones if there are better options are cheaper prices (Zuk was a different thing though)?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Huawei is dismembering the community which helped it grow · Irish Tech
While many device manufacturers do prevent modification of their phones, it’s not often that these companies reverse that decision. However, that’s exactly what Huawei did. Not only did they reverse that decision, they now appear to be forcing users to revert back to their device’s unmodified state – whether they like it or not. According to reports from the XDA-Developers forum, a recent update for the Huawei P9 actually detects if your device is modified. If it is modified, your smartphone will no longer boot. It’s a clear attack against the users and the community which helped build it up, most notably the company’s own sub-brand. While the update appears to only be available for the Huawei P9 at the moment, there’s nothing stopping the company from doing similar to their other devices too.

John Wu on Twitter
I am informed that a new Huawei OTA will make installing Magisk unable to boot at all. At this point I might just simply ignore this brand even exists.

Can someone from Honor management directly release a statement why they want to cripple phones of their users? Also, what is stopping Honor from replacing EMUI with android one permanently on all devices?

SilentAssassin

Broken In
Its gonna hurt them bad.IDK what made them do so, probably they think all the investment they made in EMUI shouldn't end in vain.

Top Bottom