Honor 9N discussion thread

Digit-Brand

The Digit brand team
Admin
Participate in our Honor discussions, post your opinions, get likes on your posts and stand to win an Honor 10 worth ₹33,000 & up to ₹70,000 PayTM cash!

*lh6.googleusercontent.com/cZOKLEWQhVGUTZIYr1ZW58F5J0UrTbV4BXNumYsMTiy7dEXgfAsSWnbXT4wXLZ5G_xu2-mHFQmw097O7Uawb-o3B4h7CvLW0ajCJ84h37yIvhIygD29GB7BfSq-gnAw-mAqdh-Di​

Honor’s newest smartphone, the Honor 9N continues Honor’s aim of offering users value for their money. Here’s a quick look at what the phone has to offer.

The first thing anyone will notice about the Honor 9N is the design. The phone sports a dual-glass design with a metal frame sandwiched in the middle.

At the front, you get a 5.84-inch display with a Full HD+ resolution of 2280 x 1080 pixels. Like most smartphones currently available in the market, the phone sports a notch on top of the display. However, this can be hidden by the user.

The phone is powered by an octa-core Kirin 659 SoC. It also comes with 4GB RAM and offer 64GB of storage. The storage space can be expanded by up to 256GB via a microSD card.

At the back of the phone is a dual-rear camera setup consisting of a 13MP + 2MP combination. At the front is a 16MP unit.

The phone sports a 300mAh battery and runs EMUI 8, which is based on Android Oreo v8.0.

So, which is your favourite feature of the Honor 9N? Do you think something can be improved on in the phone’s successor? Sound off below.

Like we said earlier, post your comments and stand to win an Honor 10 worth ₹33K and up to ₹70,000 PayTM money. For more info, check here in a new tab for more details.

Why did Honor relaunch 9 Lite with a stupid notch and call it 9N?
Because "notch" is a feature which sells. Common people consider it a feature (thanks to Apple) & other companies are just cashing it.

I would have liked it better if they could avoid the chin like Apple did. Even flagship androids like LG G7 has some chin. Small notch like Essential is ok, but putting the front camera in chin like Mi Mix 2S did is even better.

Hopefully completely bezeless like Vivo Nex S will become mainstream next year & we can exit this notch, which is a stepping stone.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Why did Honor relaunch 9 Lite with a stupid notch and call it 9N?
The "N" in 9N stands for "Notched". XD

But a serious question: Does marketing a device based on the appearance of another more popular device actually work? I mean its pretty obvious that they are aping Apple's notched design but also its obvious that this is NOT an Apple device. So what is the point? Does adding the notch really translate into greater sales?

SilentAssassin

Broken In
They are just trying to do something matching current trend and they won't stop until a new trend emerge. Seems like they are not interested in making their own trend, but interested in improving their processor and UI.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
They are just trying to do something matching current trend and they won't stop until a new trend emerge.
Those OEMs don't necessary survive it. Samsung, despite making phones with terrible price to performance ratio, hasn't and probably won't give in to this stupid trend.
Sony would keep making phones with bezels (and go out of business for other reasons :rofl: ) but won't adapt a stupid notch.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Seems like they are not interested in making their own trend, but interested in improving their processor and UI.
They'd have to ditch EMUI completely and go stock android if they want to "improve" it.
No so sure about the processor unless reputed reviewers do tests using a stock android rom.

OP
Digit-Brand

Digit-Brand

The Digit brand team
Admin
Participate in our Honor discussions, post your opinions, get likes on your posts and stand to win an Honor 10 worth ₹33,000 & up to ₹70,000 PayTM cash!

*lh5.googleusercontent.com/FXC8YSji-W8dtFOmJ0iL2giRvQMBHTwNLs-IItebXGaQmqabcRGzx110HVJeeX0zWenxEu57DyvV_Si-a-6b_RPnxe8exQ8CeVWrS0m-OYxfgkSHOkon19OwEc9W_72HgtYtl818​

Honor has released quite a number of glass backed phones over the past couple of years and its newest smartphone, the Honor 9N continues the trend.

The smartphone features a dual-glass designed, with a metallic frame sandwiched in the middle.

Honor says that the glass rear panel on the phone is made up of 12-layers with a nano-scale optical coating for an eye catching effect.

At the front, you get 2.5D glass on the display. Speaking of the display, the phone sports a notch on top of the screen. This is aimed at maximising the screen-to-body ratio offered by the phone.

In India, the phone is available in two colours — Sapphire Blue and Midnight Black. So you can pick one that is best suited to your style and taste.

So, what’s your take on the use of a glass rear panel? Which one of the two colours best suits your taste? Let your thoughts be known below.

Like we said earlier, post your comments and stand to win an Honor 10 worth ₹33K and up to ₹70,000 PayTM money. For more info, check here in a new tab for more details.

Those OEMs don't necessary survive it. Samsung, despite making phones with terrible price to performance ratio, hasn't and probably won't give in to this stupid trend.
Sony would keep making phones with bezels (and go out of business for other reasons :rofl: ) but won't adapt a stupid notch.
As they are the biggest competitor to Apple, they won't give into notch trend easily, which is good. I hope if not in S10, by S11 they would go completely bezeless.

Sony is walking towards their doom & it seems too late to recover. Their bezels, camera & price sucks, I doubt they would rectify their problems. To make things worse, they dropped 3.5mm jack. I miss the one hand usage experience of my old Z3 Compact.

So, what’s your take on the use of a glass rear panel? Which one of the two colours best suits your taste? Let your thoughts be known below.

Glass is glass & glass breaks.

Blue is something different & it is nice.

I miss using my phone without a case as was the case with my old Samsung S2. Over the last 5+ years of using glass back phones, I never had the courage to use the phone without a case even though I rarely drop my phone.

SilentAssassin

Broken In
The smartphone features a dual-glass designed
Handle fragile goods with care. To care about such an expensive gadget there is surely a need for a protective case which would cover the 12 layers making no use of it, while metal phones are better. we can't say what would happen next.

Charchit Sharma

Journeyman
So, which is your favorite feature of the Honor 9N? Do you think something can be improved on in the phone’s successor? Sound off below.
I would say the 128 GB is overpriced if anyone considers it buying, it has decent looks and portable design for one hand usage. As per battery is concerned I would say it performed well on average usage due to 659 SOC, but not able to handle heavy tasks. And as usual "the UI" is not good.
Please, include 4000 mAh battery if you want to compete with mid-range segment smartphones. Also, improve the UI and include much better SoC.

Charchit Sharma

Journeyman
Rear Glass panel looks beautiful and premium, also I think putting fingerprint scanner at back was a good idea as people nowadays are used to that.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
As they are the biggest competitor to Apple, they won't give into notch trend easily, which is good. I hope if not in S10, by S11 they would go completely bezeless.

Sony is walking towards their doom & it seems too late to recover. Their bezels, camera & price sucks, I doubt they would rectify their problems. To make things worse, they dropped 3.5mm jack. I miss the one hand usage experience of my old Z3 Compact.
OEMs miss the point of going bezel-less. Instead of giving compact phones which are good for one handed use, they make large phones with stupid notch and weird UIs.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I miss using my phone without a case as was the case with my old Samsung S2. Over the last 5+ years of using glass back phones, I never had the courage to use the phone without a case even though I rarely drop my phone.
My old E970 had a glass back. I didn't even use it till I got a TPU case. I still use a spigen case on my OP3.
To make the phone safe from drops, getting a thicker case makes a lot of sense.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
And as usual "the UI" is not good.
Please, include 4000 mAh battery if you want to compete with mid-range segment smartphones. Also, improve the UI and include much better SoC.
They want to make wafer thin phones with 100 mp front camera and 2" notch running on unicorn UI.
EMUI doesn't needs improvement. It needs to be removed from their phones.

Top Bottom