Honor 8X officially launching on Sep 5th

Or behind the screen, like the supposedly S10.
I don't think that would happen. At best even smaller bottom bezel & in display fingerprint scanner, but I doubt Samsung would cut bottom bezel as they keep their phones symmetric & there is no room to cut the top bezel.

I would say in display fingerprint sensor on the body of S9 with higher capacity battery & dual cams would make it a great phone.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I don't think that would happen. At best even smaller bottom bezel & in display fingerprint scanner, but I doubt Samsung would cut bottom bezel as they keep their phones symmetric & there is no room to cut the top bezel.

I would say in display fingerprint sensor on the body of S9 with higher capacity battery & dual cams would make it a great phone.
Let's see. But dual front and triple rear cameras will be there on the high end variant of S10.

@riya123

Broken In
The Huawei Honor 8X is a mid-range smartphone which ships with dual rear cameras, a waterdrop-like notch and a big battery. The successor to the Honor 7X also sports a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor. The device is capped with curved edges on all sides making it easy to hold.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
The day has finally come: according to Honor, Honor will launch two products, 8X & 8xmax, which are different from 7X ,the bigger one will support 7.12-inch full-HD+ (1080x2244 pixels) TFT display with an 18.7:9 aspect ratio,Screen To Body Ratio may up to 90%.
We don't need a weird aspect ratio to support a stupid notch. Also, TFT screen? :facepalm: We are not living in 2008. We asked for an AMOLED screen or even a good IPS one.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Impressed by honor 8x design and hardware
Anyone who is interested follow this link Huawei Honor 8X - Full phone specifications

Bottom chin is similar to one plus 6 :goodjob: Honor

Last edited:
Impressed by honor 8x design and hardware
Anyone who is interested follow this link Huawei Honor 8X - Full phone specifications

Bottom chin is similar to one plus 6 :goodjob: Honor
True, it is a good device. The small notch like 8X Max would have been better though but at least size of the notch is getting smaller.

If the 4GB/64GB model is priced at 15k, it would be a great competitor to Redmi Note 5 Pro. Kirin 710 is better than S636 & the camera should be similar, if not at least close to RN5P.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
True, it is a good device. The small notch like 8X Max would have been better though but at least size of the notch is getting smaller.

If the 4GB/64GB model is priced at 15k, it would be a great competitor to Redmi Note 5 Pro. Kirin 710 is better than S636 & the camera should be similar, if not at least close to RN5P.
They should've used a metal back and cut unnecessary cost of making another colorful but fragile glass back.
Also, what is with that weird aspect ratio and under 4k mAh battery? A phone this tall would easily accommodate a 5k mAh battery.

They should've used a metal back and cut unnecessary cost of making another colorful but fragile glass back.
Also, what is with that weird aspect ratio and under 4k mAh battery? A phone this tall would easily accommodate a 5k mAh battery.
Blame the people. Most people consider glass back to be premium (and Apple isn't to be blamed here). Metal is slippery but at least it doesn't break.

If it's launched at 15k, it would still be a good choice. With the popularity of PUBG, they might be able to gain the upper hand over RN5P & Asus due to Kirin 710. Still, at least they made something competitive, if not better in all aspects.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Blame the people. Most people consider glass back to be premium (and Apple isn't to be blamed here). Metal is slippery but at least it doesn't break.
I had a LG E970 (which has glass back) and I was scared to use it without a case back in 2014. I didn't even unbox it till I got a case. Heck, I still use my OP3 with a spigen case for better grip.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I had a LG E970 (which has glass back) and I was scared to use it without a case back in 2014. I didn't even unbox it till I got a case. Heck, I still use my OP3 with a spigen case for better grip.
Metal or glass but a case is must. Not upgrading the op yet?

Top Bottom