Honor 8X officially launching on Sep 5th

Navinxn

Broken In
I've found a news on 91 mobiles that Honor 8X and 8X Max officially launching on Sep 5th in China, but there is no information here.
Honor revealed this piece of information on Weibo — China’s micro-blogging website.
*hub.91mobiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Honor-8X-Launch-date.jpg
It said the Honor 8X Max was recently spotted on TENAA with model number ARE-AL00. The listing revealed that the alleged handset would feature a tall 7.12-inch Full HD+ display with a small cut-out up top just like the OPPO F9’s Waterdrop notch.
*i.gadgets360cdn.com/large/honor_8x_tenaa_main_1535199984499.jpg?output-quality=70&output-format=webp

Generally, Honor X-Series products always launch with budget price, their selling point is cost effective, however the phones with waterdrop notch on the market like Oppo R17, the price is around 35k.

So I quite wonder this news is true or not, anybody have the rumor or news about Honor 8X's specs? Just curious.

I hope the base 8X variant is priced at 12k or so with 6.2" display or so. 8X Max seems to be a competitor of Mi Max series. Let's see with what specs they launch it.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Generally, Honor X-Series products always launch with budget price, their selling point is cost effective, however the phones with waterdrop notch on the market like Oppo R17, the price is around 35k.
Drop all forms of notch and emui too. Give users control over their phones. Let everyone unlock bootloaders and flash custom roms. You are not Huawei. You should adapt Android One for all phones. Even though Oneplus' parent company was Oppo, they decided to have clean, close to stock android.

HMD global revived Nokia and they are using Android One.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Honor 8X seems promising though it success depends on how much they are gonna price it here

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Drop all forms of notch and emui too. Give users control over their phones. Let everyone unlock bootloaders and flash custom roms. You are not Huawei. You should adapt Android One for all phones. Even though Oneplus' parent company was Oppo, they decided to have clean, close to stock android.

HMD global revived Nokia and they are using Android One.
if Nokia makes a AMOLED phone with atleast SD 710 + good camera with OIS for 25k, then thats going to impact a lot.

if Nokia makes a AMOLED phone with atleast SD 710 + good camera with OIS for 25k, then thats going to impact a lot.
Hope that successor of 7 Plus has those. SD 710 can be expected but I'm not sure if we would see OIS. I personally feel Nokia 7 Plus is a good device at 25k for people who want a branded phone (not Chinese ones). Samsung ones are shit at that price point.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Honor 8X seems promising though it success depends on how much they are gonna price it here
Probably between variants of Honor 9N and Honor Play, just like Mi A2 is between RN5 Pro and F1. :lol:
PS: Mi A2 makes sense just for Android One. 8x won't have that.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Hope that successor of 7 Plus has those. SD 710 can be expected but I'm not sure if we would see OIS. I personally feel Nokia 7 Plus is a good device at 25k for people who want a branded phone (not Chinese ones). Samsung ones are shit at that price point.
Every other Samsung phone except S and Note series is a POS. They lack basic sensors for unknown reasons.

Top Bottom