Honor 8 woes

arian29

In the zone
I need to use two sims in my phone, one personal and one official. Now my phone Honor 8 has a hybrid slot. So i am not using a memory card, instead using two sims. However the phoe does not give any option to handle two sims. There is no dual sim support in the settings. Am i missing anything ? Please help :(

Flash

Lost in speed
Try SIM extender, in the hybrid slot. Use SIM1+SD card inside, and SIM2 in Extender.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Flash what you are suggesting is a band-aid fix approach,it does not answer the basic issue @op is facing.

@arian29 Honor 8 launched in India is single sim only.

Honor 8 Review
Although the SIM slot has a physical cutout for a second Nano-SIM, the phone won’t recognise it

Last edited:

billubakra

Conversation Architect
@Flash what you are suggesting is a band-aid fix approach,it does not answer the basic issue @op is facing.

@arian29 Honor 8 launched in India is single sim only.

Honor 8 Review
Although the SIM slot has a physical cutout for a second Nano-SIM, the phone won’t recognise it

Why would they make a second-sim cut out if it cannot be used?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cost cutting,they launched dual sim models in other countries so it is cheaper to simply left the physical second sim slot there instead of manufacturing some units with only one physical slot.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Check the imei's mentioned on the box and also by dialing *#06# (or also under testing menu *#*#4636#*#* ).
If two different imei's show up, then there is a chance that you can enable it by flashing other country's firmware. Flipkart, amazon has mentioned it to be a single sim device.

OP
A

arian29

In the zone
Thanks @SaiyanGoku and @whitestar_999. There's 1 imei number.. darn i missed it :( see attached screenshot.. :(

*i67.tinypic.com/zv4imo.jpg

Would you recommend changing it with the Nokia 8.. getting it for 21562.... 27780 - 6218 in exchange for my honor 8 ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom