Honor 7C vs Xiaomi Redmi Y2: Build

Digit-Brand

The Digit brand team
Admin
Participate in our Honor discussions, post your opinions, get likes on your posts and stand to win an Honor 10 worth ₹33,000 & up to ₹70,000 PayTM cash!

*lh4.googleusercontent.com/7nt0OYuYHXI-cwjayRj7UHXNAoCw-O5HFrUQUlh8ozYfsnOVGNIKrDljzld06n0d6gy0dWfLFSdb6ehAhQA7nh9XtziaeDMnrZ348AM-oS6saZ5M1udkZz0NpyaiVrw1OAinOkQc​

The Honor 7C and the Xiaomi Redmi Y2 are pretty similar smartphones. Both are priced close to each other and offer a 5.99-inch HD+ display with a resolution of 1440 x 720 pixels and a aspect ratio of 18:9. Both also comes with dual-rear cameras and a rear mounted fingerperint sensors. However, there is a difference in the build if you take a closer look.

While both phones offer the same sized screen, the surrounding body of the Honor 7C is slightly smaller than the Redmi Y2.

The Honor 7C has a height of 158.3mm and a width of 76.7mm. It is also 7.8mm thin.

The Xiaomi Redmi Y2 on the other hand is slightly larger than the Honor 7C. It has a height of 160.7mm, and a width of 77.3mm. It is also slightly thicker at 8.1mm

There is also a slight difference between the phones in weight. The Redmi Y2 weighs 170g, while the Honor 7C weighs 164g.

So, do you think that the slightly more compact build of the Honor 7C makes a difference? Or do you think that the difference is too small to matter? Sound off below.

Like we said earlier, post your comments and stand to win an Honor 10 worth ₹33K and up to ₹70,000 PayTM money. For more info, check here in a new tab for more details.

ankushv

Journeyman
All 720p hd only phones should be priced well under 10k. No one will buy at that pricing above 10k.
Redmi y2 is also over priced . I don't think it sells well compared to redmi note 5 pro and note 5 .
Also xaiomi have begun to introduce advertising in their system apps like musicplayer , browser and file manager also video player .
Some of the above can be turned off . But most of the ads in apps cannot be turned off .

Sent from my Le 2 using Tapatalk

Charchit Sharma

Journeyman
So, do you think that the slightly more compact build of the Honor 7C makes a difference? Or do you think that the difference is too small to matter? Sound off below.
It's in between as when you are talking about the entry-level smartphones, only those phones are picked which packs decent design with all-around specs. And if there's a smartphone which has spec bump over another, customers won't be hesitating to pick the one with spec bump over one having great design.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Well both phones are good, except for the os ofcourse. The pricing should have been better. I would choose 7c as Honor is pushing those updates really fast and they often have less bugs.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Also xaiomi have begun to introduce advertising in their system apps like musicplayer , browser and file manager also video player .
Some of the above can be turned off . But most of the ads in apps cannot be turned off .
More reason to unlock BL and flash custom rom which is not possible on Huawei/Honor phones anymore.

Minion

Conversation Architect
I want honor to have android one program atleast for devices with weak hardware so that performance would increase

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I want honor to have android one program atleast for devices with weak hardware so that performance would increase
Android one was supposed to do that but OEMs think android one devices should be priced higher and be lower spec'd than their other crap UI phones (case and point Mi A1 and A2)

Top Bottom