Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
*cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/281610/header.jpg?t=1450302532

Platform : PC
Developer : BlackBird Interactive
Publisher : Gearbox
Release date : 20th January 2016
HOMEWORLD: DESERTS OF KHARAK

A ground-based RTS prequel to the classic Homeworld games. Assemble your fleet and lead them to victory on the shifting sands of Kharak in this compelling strategy game. Crafted by Blackbird Interactive, a studio founded by veterans of Homeworld and Company of Heroes, Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak takes players to the deserts of Kharak where danger lurks over every dune.

EXPERIENCE AN ORIGIN STORY
In Deserts of Kharak’s campaign, an anomaly is discovered deep in the southern desert. An expedition is sent, but the story is not that simple. Discover the story of Rachel S'jet as she leads her people on a quest to find their destiny in an exciting campaign.

HEAVY DUTY HARDWARE
Take control of fleets of land and air vehicles – from nimble light attack vehicles to massive heavyweight cruisers – built to conquer the desert.

MASSIVE ENVIRONMENTS
Fight your way across massive dune seas, deep craters, and hostile canyons in sprawling maps – all in unprecedented fidelity and scale.

TACTICAL COMBAT
Position your fleet to take advantage of the high ground or create ambushes across dune lines in terrestrial combat. Attack your enemies’ resource operations, or assault their military head-on.

STRATEGIC DECISIONS
Meaningful choices in resource management, fleet composition, and technology research directly impact your chances of survival.

ONLINE MULTIPLAYER
Compete online solo or with friends in a variety of game modes, including ranked play, to rise through the ranks and become the most powerful Fleet Captain on Kharak.

Before you can find your Homeworld, you must first unlock the secrets of the desert.

System Requirements

MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel Core i3-2100 (3.1 GHz) / AMD A10 5800k (3.8 GHz)
Memory: 3 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce GT 440 (1024 MB) / Radeon HD 4890 (1024 MB)
Storage: 8 GB available space

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel Core i7-950 (3.0 GHz) / AMD FX-4300 (3.8 GHz)
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 770 (2048 MB) / Radeon HD 7770 (1024 MB)
Storage: 12 GB available space

Source: STEAM

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Wow. Freaking finally.

Looks like they dropped the Shipbreakers name.

- - - Updated - - -

Some updates:

It's available at 20% discount for prepurchase to owners of Homeworld Remastered collection.

Also appears that some elements of the story has been changed. Karan S'jet's name appears to be changed to Rachel S'jet. Also, I read on IGN that that the Kushan people are humans in this.

OP
Cyberghost

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak reviews – all the scores

• GamingTrend - 95/100
  • Softpedia - 8.5
  • Gaming Nexus - 8
  • CGMagazine - 8
  • PCWorld - 4/5
  • TheSixthAxis - 7
  • TotalBiscuit's WTF is...
  • Wargamer.com
  • IGN - Review In Progress (single player impressions only)
  • AngryCentaurGaming (NeoGAF's Karak) - Wait for Sale
  • PC Gamer -90
  • OpenCritic

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
[strike]It released? I thought it was coming out in Feb.[/strike]

It's available for preload.

Maniparet

Right off the assembly line
Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak is an awesome game. I have finished Homeworld 1 and 2 before. The change from the space game to terrain based game was an amazing experience. I fully enjoyed playing it. The tactics you choose is very important in each level. I wish they release another version about rebuilding of the KUSHAN empire in Hiigara as the theme.

Top Bottom