Homeshop18 Purchase from a 3rd party seller

pratheeshps

Journeyman
I am looking to purchase HP Probook 4440s with 3rd Gen-i5.Local purchase is 40k while Homeshop18 is quoting an amount 38k [Rs.2000 discount to 36k].No other sites claims this much low price.Also during Checkout only,it showed that product is from 1shopbuy.com ,a 3rd party seller without much track record on online selling.I expected a direct purchase from Homeshop18 similar to Flipkart while it wasn't .I haven't done the payment for the product yet.Homeshop18 provides 1 year manufacturer warranty for the product though.

Any one with online shopping experience or others ,pls guide me if I should go ahead with the purchase.

Here is HP Probook model

HP 4440s (3rd Gen Core i5 3210M (2.5 GHz) - 6GB DDR3 - 750GB - 14'' - DOS) Probook (Anodized Aluminium) | Laptops | Computer and Peripherals | HomeShop18.com

Renny

Padawan
HS18 is just like eBay when it comes to product sourcing and service. Proceed with caution. With orders of this amount I personally feel its better to pay 1-2K extra rather than regret later.

OP
P

pratheeshps

Journeyman
HS18 is just like eBay when it comes to product sourcing and service. Proceed with caution. With orders of this amount I personally feel its better to pay 1-2K extra rather than regret later.

I thought that HS18 was similar to Flipkart.No seller info available on HS18..no seller reviews..I have to pay 4k more for a local purchase..Should I check for other models,since the above model is available on Shopclues & Ebay only with 2GB model at 38k,while I am getting 6GB model in HS18...Is something fishy?

Discarding the 2k discount by HS18,product is available at 38k,but 4Gb [Rs.2k] difference is there

$hadow

Geek in making
Better not proceed with hs18 this is about your hard earned cash. Saving 2k and then it results in a disaster is always painful for the buyer

OP
P

pratheeshps

Journeyman
Better not proceed with hs18 this is about your hard earned cash. Saving 2k and then it results in a disaster is always painful for the buyer

Thank You...It is interesting that they provide 1 year manufacturer warranty & productive replacement for defective products..Could I hang on to that?
If flipkart has this model at less than 40k,I would happily buy it,but it is out of stock there.

I think it is better to proceed with this model

HP Pavilion G4-2049TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ DOS/ 1GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com

What do you think?

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ That one looks good on specs. Just see some review and buy that. After all it is from FK, so you can buy it with peace of mind.

$hadow

Geek in making
Thank You...It is interesting that they provide 1 year manufacturer warranty & productive replacement for defective products..Could I hang on to that?
If flipkart has this model at less than 40k,I would happily buy it,but it is out of stock there.

I think it is better to proceed with this model

HP Pavilion G4-2049TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ DOS/ 1GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com

What do you think?
When you buy it from fk everything results perfect but why dont you try your local dealers as well before buying.

OP
P

pratheeshps

Journeyman
When you buy it from fk everything results perfect but why dont you try your local dealers as well before buying.

Sure..I tried that & Price is similar..If I am going for this laptop,it will be a local purchase...

But I am looking a sleek notebook which same specs but not bulky..Do You have anything in your mind?

fed up with best laptop search.Finally going for 2049TX

drkrack

Broken In
I have bought many products from HS18
Only one wall clock had issues
They refunded the money

Be aware you won't get invoice with purchase
Need to call them and pursue to get it.
Overall equally reliable as Flipkart.com

OP
P

pratheeshps

Journeyman
I have bought many products from HS18
Only one wall clock had issues
They refunded the money

Be aware you won't get invoice with purchase
Need to call them and pursue to get it.
Overall equally reliable as Flipkart.com

I am now looking for a local purchase now..Thank You for Feedback.

$hadow

Geek in making
Sure..I tried that & Price is similar..If I am going for this laptop,it will be a local purchase...

But I am looking a sleek notebook which same specs but not bulky..Do You have anything in your mind?

fed up with best laptop search.Finally going for 2049TX

Have you checked out sleekbook from hp fairly thin laptop from hp.

OP
P

pratheeshps

Journeyman
Regarding Homeshop18 purchase,I have tried to contact with HS18 care..& here is the communication.It is perfect to end this thread.

Me:3-April,2013

I would like to purchase HP Probook 4440s from Homeshop18.During checkkout,I found that the product is actually from a 3rd party seller "1shopbuy.com" which doesn't have a track record for online shopping.

How do homeshop18 support 3rd party sellers?

If the products are properly checked before shipment or outsourcing the orders to these sellers directly?

Can I believe homeshop18 for defect free,100% original product & proper manufacturer warranty?"

5-April,2013

HS18 Care : Dear Pratheesh,

Greetings from Homeshop18!

Thank you for your email. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you. We would
like to update that 1shopbuy.com is our vendor as we do not have all products
in the warehouse. Our return policy and services would be applicable for the
product.

Warm regards,

Vishal Mathur
Customer Support Executive
HomeShop18

Top Bottom