Home PC - 30K

user28

Journeyman
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Regular basic usage, MS Office, Web browsing and light gaming like Red Alert etc.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 30K. Can stretch another 5K if really worth.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Will be re using my 250 GB SSD

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Reuse my Benq 19 inch monitor

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Cabinet, DVD-RW, Keyboard and mouse

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: By end of this month

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I had done it and will build this one as well

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Hyderabad. Open to online buying from reputed and established sellers

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I have a 5 year old Antec VP450 watts PSU. Never gave any problem and not showing any signs of problem. Can i reuse it or go for a new PSU?
Also i am looking for Ryzen + Asus mobo combination. Kindly suggest accordingly.
I will add graphic card maybe a year later.
I will use this PC for atleast for 5 years without any hardware upgrade.
Last question. I will be using windows 10 and planning to buy a single language license which is around 5K approx. Should i buy it or are there any cheaper alternatives?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
If your PSU is fine and good, yeah reuse it.
What kinda graphics card you think you would be buying in the future, and what's the purpose of that card would be?
You have good enough budget to go for CPU like Ryzen 3600 with basic graphic card combo. But I don't see the point of getting them for your intended use.

This will cost you about 20k,

Ryzen 3200G
Asus B450 TUF M PRO Gaming
Corsair Vengeance DDR4 8GB 3200mhz

You may need BIOS update, check with the seller when buying.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Asrock B450 Pro 4 for 6.5k is a better option so get it fast as its usual price is 7k & even then it goes out of stock often.
Buy Online Asrock B450 Pro4 AMD AM4 Socket Motherboard lowest price in india at www.theitdepot.com

OP
U

user28

Journeyman
Thank you for your responses. What are my choices if i increase my budget to 40K and absolutely no upgrades for the next 4 to 5 years?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
For home use (not gaming), a 3200G would be sufficient. But if you want more threads or want to play modern games at respectable settings, you would have to increase the budget. Maybe a used R5 2600/R5 1600 and RX570/RX 580/GTX 1060 6 GB would fit in your budget in case you want to game.
What is your monitor's resolution and what ports does it have?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ryzen 3200G--8k
Asrock B450 Pro 4--7k
1*8gb adata D30 3200MHz--3.4k
corsair CX550--4.5k

Above config is enough for your usage for next 4-5 years.

But in my opinion you should go for below:
Buy Amd Hexa Core Ryzen 5 1600 at Lowest Price in India - mdcomputers.in 10.5k
Asrock B450 Pro 4--7k
1*8gb adata D30 3200MHz--3.4k
corsair CX550--4.5k
buy some cheap used graphics card from olx/erodov/techenclave forum for 2k until you get a good graphics card or buy now Buy Zotac GeForce GTX 1660 6GB GDDR5 (ZT-T16600F-10L) at Lowest Price in India - mdcomputers.in which should be more than enough for decent gaming at 1080p(btw no graphics card can play latest games of 3 years from now at highest settings so always pick a graphics card based on your current gaming requirements).

OP
U

user28

Journeyman
Whats the difference between the Asrock B450 Pro4 and the B450M Pro F ? Is it the form factor and the extra DVI port? Are both the same with minor differences? Because the mATX board seems to be a bit cheaper.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Form factor+10gbps usb 3.1 gen 2 port on pro 4+extra cpu fan header on pro 4+extra case fan header on pro 4+2 extra sata ports on pro 4. Unless price difference between them is not more than 1k I suggest getting Pro 4 for 6.5k.

OP
U

user28

Journeyman
Ok..will check the difference. But is the Corsair CX550 still available? I did not find it in the offline market atleast. Is it available online? Alternative PSU if corsair is not available?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I did not find it in the offline market atleast. Is it available online? Alternative PSU if corsair is not available?
Buy Online Corsair CX Series CX550 550 Watt 80 Plus Bronze Certified ATX PSU (CP-9020121-UK) lowest price in india at www.theitdepot.com
CORSAIR SMPS CX550 - 550 WATT 80 PLUS BRONZE CERTIFICATION PSU WITH ACTIVE PFC
Buy Online CORSAIR CX550 550 Watt 80 Plus Bronze Certification PSU CP-9020121-UK - in India

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Got it. Can you also post the link to Corsair RAM of 3200Mhz...i was planning to get 2x4 GB
No such kit,this is your best option for 2*4gb ram currently: Buy Online G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2x4GB) 2800 MHz DDR4 Memory F4-2800C15D-8GVRB - in India

OP
U

user28

Journeyman
Last questions... before i start buying from tomorrow.
1. Any specific reason i was suggested 3200G instead of 2200G? Is it a more newer generation?

2. Instead of a higher specced processor, can i go with a basic processor without vega graphics like 1200 and add a basic graphic card for now and save a couple of thousands? Is 1200 a older gen Ryzen 3 which does not support B450 chipset? Correct me if i am wrong please..

3. Any offline shops in Hyderabad where i can get good bargains? Guys from Hyderabad, suggestions please...

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
3200G is newer model to be precise(newer gen would be ryzen 3600 & above based on 7nm fabrication,3200G can be considered as an "improved 2200G").

You should be able to get a ryzen 1200 for 5k(online price so offline should be around same/bit lower). You can get used 1050Ti for 6.3k from erodov forum with few months of warranty remaining.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Yes, it's newer and slightly better.
It's not that high and Ryzen 1200 + GT 710 would probably cost more or at least about the same but performs poorer than 3200G or 2200G on both front (CPU and GPU). Ryzen 1200 is compatible with B450.

OP
U

user28

Journeyman
Got all the components and my system is insanely fast. Now to add a graphics card with only an ultra low budget of 5k, what are my options? I am not a serious gamer rather a casual gamer. I dont play any high end games but play mostly games like Empire earth, Red Alert etc or similar games. No ultra highend games.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Got all the components and my system is insanely fast. Now to add a graphics card with only an ultra low budget of 5k, what are my options? I am not a serious gamer rather a casual gamer. I dont play any high end games but play mostly games like Empire earth, Red Alert etc or similar games. No ultra highend games.
For 5k best option is to buy some used card like 1050Ti or RX570 with few months warranty left, check at techenclave forum bazaar/classified section.

Top Bottom