Hillary Clinton jumps on the violent videogames bandwagon !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sourabh

Laptoping
Hillary Clinton jumps on the violent videogames bandwagon !!

[dun blame me for starting a new thread, The mods said to create a new one :| no comments]

Former first lady aligns with hardline right-wingers to slam Grand Theft Auto

New York senator and former first lady Hillary Clinton has launched an attack on violent videogames, singling out Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto titles as a "major threat" to morality.

Clinton, who is reportedly planning to seek the Democratic presidential nomination for the 2008 election, has aligned herself with hardline right-wing Republican senators in order to pressure Congress into researching the impact of electronic media on children.

"Children are playing a game that encourages them to have sex with prostitutes and then murder them," she said in a statement on the issue. "This is a silent epidemic of media desensitisation that teaches kids it's OK to diss people because they are a woman, they're a different colour or they're from a different place."

Source

NikhilVerma

Padawan
That b!tch !
Can't she let us live on our own ways??

I think GTa already comes with a 18+ age restriction.. Isn't it??

OP
Sourabh

Sourabh

Laptoping
so u mean to say a 18+ can have sex with a prostittute nad then shot her ? ROFL

its just that they want such things in games

coz even when its 18+ 10 yr olds too play it

bharathbala2003

why need title?
sourabh said:
so u mean to say a 18+ can have sex with a prostittute nad then shot her ? ROFL

its just that they want such things in games

coz even when its 18+ 10 yr olds too play it

lol :lol: :lol: ok thats gud but then u think ppl below 18 dont play it.. i suppose ther wld b many in this forum who r not yet 18 and still play it.. :D so jus giving the age restriction is not gonna stop it.. and as far as hillary goes.. am gonna say the same thing i said in the old thread..

come on guys this is jus a game and u cant say such things.. then i will tell AOE is also creating probs.. children play it and start cuttin trees :p or play max payne and go about shootin ppl :lol:

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
I seriously can't understand what do they have with these games?! It's not like I shoot down a helicopter with a rocket launcher in the game and then go out, buy one and shoot a real plane down!!!

What they have to do is exercise serious gun-control measures in the States. They just go on to blame GTA when an underage guy shoots his pal over something. They don't think or ask how could an underage child get his hands on a gun in the first place? Of course if they ask that types of question, they will have to answer these 'coz they are the ones forming those rules and regulations. So it's all so convinient to dump the blame on game devlopers.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
well said m8.. i seriously dunno how on earth does those kids get their hands on guns.. instead of blaming it on games.. she can tell her hubby to do sumthin and change the law :wink:

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
bharathbala2003 said:
well said m8.. i seriously dunno how on earth does those kids get their hands on guns.. instead of blaming it on games.. she can tell her hubby to do sumthin and change the law :wink:

her hubby cant do anything now that he is not prez...:wink:

these ppl always blame games 4 everything...what r parents doing, huh?? if games r dangerous, parents should know what their kids r buying...the ratings r not there just 4 show....

rohit

Right off the assembly line
i totally agree with nemesis its the parents responsibility 2 see what there kids doing
and bsides this kind of crazy shoot out can only happen in a freaky country like america
how do those kids get there hands on guns :twisted:

bharathbala2003

why need title?
@nemi i know he is not in power.. but i suppose he will have the contacts atleast!! and as u said the parents should take the responsiblity.. a similar thread was runnin general.. i suppose now the mods can merge topics.. so y not merge it here.. here is the link..

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15028

ratzee199

Journeyman
hillary

they now wanna rule us!!!!!! its tooo bad hillry.in ur country children r more violent 4 some other reason and every1 knows it.don't blame it on video games/ gamers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom