High End Gaming PC: Help Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi this is Subhajit from Kolkata. I want to build a new gaming rig this December. My budget is around 125,000 INR. I need your help to make the right decisions and have the best bang for buck. Bellow is my selected list of hardware. Any kind of suggestions or help is much appreciated.

CPU: Intel 3.4 GHz Core i5 3570K - 14,500 INR
CPU COOLER: Corsair H80 - 6,500 INR
MOBO: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard - 10,500 INR
SSD: Corsair Force Series GT 120 GB SSD - 8,000 INR
HDD: WD Caviar Green 2 TB - 6200 INR
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 8 GB x 2 - 6,050 INR
GPU: Sapphire AMD HD 7950 3GB GDDR5 Flex Edition - 24,100 INR Or ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2GB - 29,000 INR
PSU: Corsair 600CXV2UK 600 Watts PSU - 4,400 INR
CABINET: NZXT Phantom 410 Mid Tower Cabinet - 6,500 INR
FANS: 1 Cooler Master R4-LUS-07AB-GP 200 mm Blue LED Fan Cooler , 2 x Cooler Master BC 120 mm Blue LED Fan Cooler - 2,000 INR
MONITOR: Samsung 27 inch LED - S27B750V Monitor - 23,000 INR Or Benq 24 inch LED - XL2420T 3D Monitor - 24,750 INR
OPTICAL DRIVE: Sony AD-7280S Internal Optical Drive - 1,000 INR
CONTROLLER: Xbox 360 controller, 1 wireless, 1 with wire - 5,000 INR

TOTAL: ~118,000 INR for AMD GPU+SAMSUNG MONITOR or ~124,500 INR for NVIDIA GPU+BENQ MONITOR

So what do you guys think? Please let me know. Bellow is the from provided by you guys.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A: Hardcore gaming. Want to play all new games in 1080p with maxed out settings.

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: Yeah. Sure. As long as the products have good reviews.

3. What is your MAX budget?
A: 125,000 rs.

4. Planning to overclock?
A: Not that sure. But I guess I will.

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: Win 7 Home Premium Original.

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: 2 TB.

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A: 24 - 27 inch, 1080p is fine.

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 7

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: I have built a PC with some assistance from my assembler.

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: Mid December, 2012.

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: Yes, gonna use this PC for at least 2 years.

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: No.

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: I live in Kolkata, and yes, I am willing to buy from other city or states.

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: One of my friends is going to US recently, and both of the GPUs are like 8,000 - 10,000 INR cheaper there, I wanted to know if buying GPU from US will be a good idea, with the warranty problems and all. And do I have to pay any customs duty if the person brings back the GPU with it's box open?

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
Look for the link at my signature. I have a similar budget so maybe that thread will also help you. :)

OP
S

Subhajit Pramanik

Broken In
yeah i've already read it... found it quite usefull but the problem is i have to fit in my monitor too... dont know if i can afford the 7970. the msi version which is 28,500 INR doesn't have many good reviews... i would prefer the asus or sapphire ones... but those cost like 34,000 i guess.:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom