Help with motherboard **URGENT**

Status
Not open for further replies.

vineetrocks2005

In the zone
I have selected ASUS P5B Deluxe as my new Motherboard. While going through it's specificatons I found this

-Support Intel® next generation 45nm multi-core CPU
- Intel LGA775 Platform
- Intel® Quad-core CPU Ready
- Intel® Core™2 Extreme / Core™2 Duo Ready
- Intel® Pentium® Extreme / Pentium® D / Pentium® 4 / Celeron® D Ready

But at the bottom..it is written

Compatible with all FSB1333/1066/800/533MHz CPUs except Quad Core..

What does it mean...I am confused...

Please help.. it's urgent..

Thank You

Link to Asus

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
Dude why are you still thinking to buy that it supports all excellent gaming,in all of the recent motherboards supports SMP(2 processors) and quad core is the ability of 4 processors in one chip which was next generation,also quad core is still in labs,nowadays all are using core2 duo or dual core where your motherboard supports those features

Pathik

Google Bot
Rather get a P5K deluxe..
If you want a cheap board then get a xfx 650i ultra or Asus p5k e

OP
V

vineetrocks2005

In the zone
I have read some good reviews abt P5B DLX Mobo.... that's why I have selected it...& I can't go for P5K DLX as it is too expensive (abt Rs.16000 in my city)... It will shake my budget...

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Post ur problem here at the asus technical query section.It'll be worth it

*vip.asus.com/eservice/techserv.aspx?ptype=1&pmodel=P5B Deluxe&SLanguage=en-us

U'll get all ur answers here.

Phalanx

Broken In
vineetrocks2005 said:
I have read some good reviews abt P5B DLX Mobo.... that's why I have selected it

Which graphics card do you plan to use? Coz P5B supports Crossfire and not SLI...So if u want to use multi GPU in the future, you have to get 2 ATI cards... In case you buy an nVidia card now, you will have to chuck it whenever you decide to go for multi-gpu gaming... And in graphic card nVidia rules big time in India...So think about it... And if you do not plan to use multiple gpus for a long long time, then there is no use paying a premium for getting dual PCI-e slots... Better go for an NForce 650i Ultra mobo in that case...

And as far as your query is concerned, well P5B does support Q Core *in.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=307&l4=0&model=1295&modelmenu=1

Happy Buying:)

P.S. --- Did you check out Asus P5N32-E Sli Mobo???

vineetrocks2005 said:
I have selected ASUS P5B Deluxe as my new Motherboard. While going through it's specificatons I found this

-Support Intel® next generation 45nm multi-core CPU
- Intel LGA775 Platform
- Intel® Core™2 Extreme / Core™2 Duo Ready
- Intel® Pentium® Extreme / Pentium® D / Pentium® 4 / Celeron® D Ready

Please help.. it's urgent..

Thank You

Link to Asus

Just saw the link you have provided. After seeing that I think ASUS loves India, thats why only the Indian Version has Quad Core support:D :D

Last edited:

Sylar

a.k.a Niks
vineetrocks2005 said:

Don't worry the P5B Deluxe supports the Quad Cores with the new BIOS update.. If u wanna be sure just go to ASUS CPU Support and check it out..

also i agree with 'pathiks'.. if u want a gr8 VFM mobo and ur budget is arnd 5-6k go for the XFX 650i Ultra.. It also OCs better...

Edit : Make sure if ur getting the Q6600 u get hold of the new Q6600 with G0 stepping and not the old B3 stepping...

Batistabomb said:
also quad core is still in labs
huh? is it? i thought the whole world was using it!! Even i've got a Q6600 in my home...

Phalanx

Broken In
assasin said:
i think he was speakin bout the native quad cores.

I dont think so...Coz he is confused about the text in the ASUS site which says
Support Intel® next generation 45nm multi-core CPU
- Intel LGA775 Platform

AND

at the same time!!!

Sylar

a.k.a Niks
assasin said:
i think he was speakin bout the native quad cores.

well if he meant that, then i stand corrected..

vineetrocks2005 said:
Hey...what are native quad cores...?

Well current Intel Quad Cores are not real quads in the sense that they have 2 processor dies with 2 cores on a single die, sumthing like 2 core2duos put together (a core2duo has 2 cores on one die).. So when one core needs to communicate(exchange data in parallel computations) with another core on the other die it needs to use the cpu fsb thus making the bus busy...
Real quad cores or Native quad cores will be the ones where all the 4 cores will be on a single die, which AMD is planning to bring with its Quad Opterons...

sashijoseph

In the zone
But will a 1333 proccy even boot up with the XFX650i(though at 1066),or is an older proccy reqd to boot up and then flash the bios and then revert to the e6x50?

Sylar

a.k.a Niks
vineetrocks2005 said:
that means we can update the BIOS using Floppy or USB Drive...OS is not necessary...
yes, download the bios update frm the manufacturer's site onto a floppy and then use the dos utility to update the bios...

sashijoseph said:
But will a 1333 proccy even boot up with the XFX650i(though at 1066),or is an older proccy reqd to boot up and then flash the bios and then revert to the e6x50?
I think the xfx 650i ultra supports 1333MHz FSB out of the box.. *www.xfxforce.com/web/product/listConfigurations.jspa?series=NVIDIA+nForce+650i&seriesId=989307&productId=989811

jacksparrow18

Captain Jack Sparrow
vineetrocks2005 said:
I have read some good reviews abt P5B DLX Mobo.... that's why I have selected it...& I can't go for P5K DLX as it is too expensive (abt Rs.16000 in my city)... It will shake my budget...
can u tell me which board is good?
asus p5bvm or xfx 650i ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom