Help with Drivers :)

amogh12

Right off the assembly line
Hi,
I recently purchased an Asus K53SM-SX10d with Dual Graphics Card's
a) Nvidia 630M 2gb
b) Intel HD 3000
With OPTIMUS switching technology.
My problem is that the Latest Nvidia Drivers for 630M which is 301.42 does not support OPtimus Tech according to what i read..
And the Drivers Provided by the Asus website or really outdated :/..

So can anybody point me towards where i can find the latest Drivers for both
a) and b) which support OPTIMUS tech, so that the switching works properly..
I've seen this problem with many people but no solution :(
Thanx in Advance :) (new to forum)

kewldudex

Hi,
I recently purchased an Asus K53SM-SX10d with Dual Graphics Card's
a) Nvidia 630M 2gb
b) Intel HD 3000
With OPTIMUS switching technology.
My problem is that the Latest Nvidia Drivers for 630M which is 301.42 does not support OPtimus Tech according to what i read..
And the Drivers Provided by the Asus website or really outdated :/..

So can anybody point me towards where i can find the latest Drivers for both
a) and b) which support OPTIMUS tech, so that the switching works properly..
I've seen this problem with many people but no solution :(
Thanx in Advance :) (new to forum)

hey , i think you have some misconception . Look nvidia's optimus technology is nvidia's home grown switching technique , available in ALL the current genration laptop nvidia graphic cards . So there cant b any problem with gt630m not supporting optimus. bt yea the problem can b u might not find the supported drivers for your asus laptop , cause at times graphics card drivers are oem locked . but fear not check out this link
Drivers - GeForce
here choose the 'auto-detect' option and it'll forward you to the latest supprted drivers that are available for your gt630m.
or if u wana try bluntly here's the link for the latest graphic drivers 304.79beta
NVIDIA DRIVERS 304.79BETA
try dem out and infrm

-DEMIGOD
Acer Aspire 5830TG

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I won recommend you to update drivers of Laptop direct from Nvidia. There might be incompatibility problems with Optimus which might lead to even further issues.

always remember to only update from manufacturers site(I know it sucks that you have old drivers but ,,, )

OP
A

amogh12

Thank you for the reply..
I have found this website which shows Asus Drivers for that GPU (630M)
and it is more recent then the ones Provided at the Main Asus Website.
Do you think these will be compatible?
the one at Asus is : Version 8.17.12.8580
wheras the one on the site is : Version 8.17.12.9667

Site:*www.driveridentifier.com/scan/down...ware_id=PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DE9&SUBSYS_21131043

Last edited:

kewldudex

The nvidia verde drivers are meant only for the compatible nvidia or ion notebook cards . If the hardware (in our case the graphic card) is incompatible with the update the driver wont install , infact the automatic driver utility wont be able to detect the driver update ! My stock nvidia drivers for my GT540M card were R267 but i was unable to install the updates by nvidia until the launched R285 , i.e. after the R285 drivers my manufacturer's card was included in the compatiblity of the verde drivers! Now i'm using using R304.79 Beta drivers and they are working like a charm , just complited max payne 3 with all high settings . Also my system;s idle temperature has gone down to 38-40 as compared to stocks ~45 . So i suggest you must give them a try !

Top Bottom