Help with config please

arian29

In the zone
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Movies and Internet on TV. Planning to build a cpu for ONLY my TV. I currently have an android box but it seems to slow down with time pretty soon. Also i cant utilize the internet properly as sites open in mobile mode mostly. So i was planning to build a dedicated CPU for my TV. It will be for watching movies and the internet. Games, maybe a few light ones.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: not decided yet, if you can suggest how much will be good for the purpose.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: not sure

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 7 x64

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: not sure, please recommend basis purpose

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: have wireless logitech KB & Mouse

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: now

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: yes

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Delhi/Buy locally

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
you have 3-4 options

1) compute stick something like ASUS VIVO STICK TS10 (INTEL ATOM X5-Z8350/2GB/32GB EMMC/INTEL HD GRAPHICS/WINDOWS 10) or Intel sticks with Z3735

2) intel NUC /gigabyte barebone box something like

*www.amazon.in/Intel-BOXNUC5PPYH-Processor-Integrated-Graphics/dp/B00XPVQHDU

*www.amazon.in/Intel-BOXNUC5CPYH-Processor-Integrated-Graphics/dp/B00XPVRR5M/

( ram and hdd needs to be added separately )

3) cheap onboard celeron mini itx motherboards build with j1800 / celeron n3050 .. *www.amazon.in/Motherboard-Asus-Intel-Celeron®-J1800/dp/B00J4O5C2Y

4) micro atx with Pentium G4560 or G4400

choose depending upon your budget , performance, space requirement etc.. ,

a G4400 with 4gb ram build would cost about 16-17k

above links are just for example purpose only

P.s - regarding current android box and sites opening in mobile mode ..

try Chrome/Firefox on android with some permanently request desktop mode type fix/workaround

or install puffin browser and use it in desktop mode ..

Last edited:
Top Bottom