Help Required regarding SMPS rating

Status
Not open for further replies.

nd4spd

Broken In
comparison between the specification of Powersafe 500W silver and powersafe 400W GOLD also its available price in mumbai.

Whether i required a 500W or 400W for my system config of ASUS K8N4E DELUX with AMD 3000+,NVIDIA XFX 6200 GT ,Two SATA 200Gb, DVD writer TV tunnercard modem. I want to upgrade the gfx & procy in the future. so plz suggest the right SMPS for me to buy.

Kniwor

Learner
The 400W will run fine, but for upgrade, and any additional devices u might wanna use, I would suggest 500W, it's a good PSU.

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
I feel all these SMPS specs are overrated. I have a 288 Watt PSU. I got 2*512mb ddr2 , Pentium D 820 (power hungry) , ATI xpress200 motherboard, XFX 7600GT graphics card, 11 button 2000dpi laser USB mouse, 16x DVD-writer, 56k modem, Seagate Barracuda hard disk. I also use dual analog stick USB gamepad with vibration feedback, external Seagate hard disk and 5.1 speakers and onboard LAN connected to ADSL modem and of course a keyoard. My computer has been on 24*7 since 9 months and still no SMPS problem. Many of the online calculator say i need 400W minimum. Even my graphics card box says 400W minimum. My 288W is still doing fine.

Kniwor

Learner
adithyagenius said:
I feel all these SMPS specs are overrated. I have a 288 Watt PSU. I got 2*512mb ddr2 , Pentium D 820 (power hungry) , ATI xpress200 motherboard, XFX 7600GT graphics card, 11 button 2000dpi laser USB mouse, 16x DVD-writer, 56k modem, Seagate Barracuda hard disk. I also use dual analog stick USB gamepad with vibration feedback, external Seagate hard disk and 5.1 speakers and onboard LAN connected to ADSL modem and of course a keyoard. My computer has been on 24*7 since 9 months and still no SMPS problem. Many of the online calculator say i need 400W minimum. Even my graphics card box says 400W minimum. My 288W is still doing fine.

They are overrated, they mention the max output, and they also mention the efficiency, usually 65-70% efficiency for local ones and upto 80% for very good ones, SMPS so basically there's a lot of difference in what it's rated and what u get.

A few SMPS in the past did not mention Max output but continuous output, which is a good thing for consumer, maybe urs is one of those SMPS, and maybe it has a good efficiency ratio too, in chich case, 288W is sufficient to power a good rig.

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
Kniwor said:
They are overrated, they mention the max output, and they also mention the efficiency, usually 65-70% efficiency for local ones and upto 80% for very good ones, SMPS so basically there's a lot of difference in what it's rated and what u get.

A few SMPS in the past did not mention Max output but continuous output, which is a good thing for consumer, maybe urs is one of those SMPS, and maybe it has a good efficiency ratio too, in chich case, 288W is sufficient to power a good rig.

I didn't get you. What is max output, continuous output and efficiency?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom