Help removing a rootkit

Status
Not open for further replies.
as you may know, rootkits are the deadliest programs for a computer. i installed one in my own system for erm...hacking an online game *cough*maplestory*cough* ....nevermind. now, it has infected my system. even hijack-this cannot detect it. rootkitrevealer does not help. somebody help removing this.

LordDJ

Broken In
godsownman said:
What is a rootkit ?
A rootkit is a program(s) that get installed on the comp to perform root level (read OS level) commands and functions. They usually execute in ring 0 ie. with all privileges. It usually "hooks" into the various processes executing, thereofre it is very very difficult to distinguish between operations performed by the OS and the roootkit.

This transparency allows it to go unnoticed and ipso facto the various detection tools are unable to figure out who's who.

Rootkits were reecntly in news after the Sony fiasco, when they triued to implement DRM thru rootkits.

anandk

Distinguished Member
all u want to know about ROOTKITS... :arrow:
click *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21592&highlight=rootkits :twisted:

rootkits are also helpful because you can virtually hide a process in the computer. there are good uses for this: a n antivirus can use this tech to hide itself from virii that shut down the antivirus. the bad thing is that the reverse can also happen.

anywayz i use it to hide debuggers and memory scanners from certain online game protection methods *cough*nProtect*cough*GameGuard*cough*

gvrappu

Broken In
TRY BLACKLIGHT FORM F-SECURE CURRENTLY IT IS FREE AS FAR AS I KNOW

AND ALSO GO TO THE WEBSITE ROOTKIT.COM FOR FURTHER HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom