P4 1.7Ghz
Jetway 845 Chipset Mobo
256Mb DDR
40GB
Nvidia Fx 5200
AC97 Onboard Sound
Win XP

Problem:
I want to play a very old game called Fragile Allegiance(Hey, dont worry I dont play old-fashioned games, I also Play DOOM3). I installed it.
Everyting was fine. When I opened the Prog for sound setup. It told I didn't have any soundcard. And When I try to setup manually It doesn't list AC97. :?: :?: What do i do?I dont want to play it without sound.
Help

ishaan

Padawan
dere mite b an option for using the pc speakers....in old pcs they had dose speakers in d cabinet n many gamz used dat

dreams

Gracias Senor
ya as per ishaan the old games uses the PC speakers tht r inside the cabinet.. open sound properties and adjust the PC Speaker volume.. if it not found then go to prop and do..

..nJoy..

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Does ur sound problem happen only for that particular game or for every game u play??

U can reinstall the sound drivers from ur Motherboard Cd and do check for lose cables and/or dust accumulation in ur speakers.

also check the sound options in ur game menu too.

ferrarif50

Journeyman
Hi,

check your PC speaker volume, and keep it high

Other thing you can do is run this game in the compatibility mode.

Right click on the main executable of the game ( or the shortcut will also do ), and go to the compatibility mode.

and check the box 'Run this program in compatibility mode for' and select Windows 95 or 98.

Click and apply and now try running the game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom