Help purchase VFM Netbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

slugger

Banned
Am planning to purchase an ultra-VFM Netbook for very basic computing on the move. Need a Netbook with an OS pre-installed & can be used simply by opening the packaging - never installed any OS on a lappie before and don't want to do it for the first time now - want to play it safe.

Please help me select one

Budget:

No more than Rs. 16,500

Requirement

1. Win OS pre-installed [XP, Vista or even 7 [if possible]]
2. Webcam
3. Largest possible screen
4. Wi-fi & all possible connectivity

Forseeable genuine Activities

1. Internet through Wi-fi in College
2. Edit Word/Excel/Powerpoint documents using Open Office
3. Edit AutoCAD drawings

Possible Netbook choices - Those highlighted in Red & bolded - I am tending to like it :)

Simmtronics® Simmbook [Says it supports Win XPbut does not mention if it comes pre-installed, but at the same time says it will give a 1-year K7 AV license free?!]

Samsung N120

Samsung N140-14B

Samsung N140-14R

Samsung NP-N150

Samsung N310

Acer Aspire One D250

Lenovo S10-2

Jetway Ecomo 100W

HP Mini 110-1104VU

HP Mini 210

iBall LilBook 1017 probably does not have an OS - got to verify

iBall LilBook 1026 probably does not have an OS - got to verify

ASUS Eee PC 1005HA [Does not mention anyhing about Ethernet connectivity - please verify]

Asus Eee PC 1001HA [product not mentioned in Asus's official site :¬]

Am also tempted to buy a Champion Slim 13160 13" Netbook.
For a price of Rs. 17000, I get a 13.1" screeen [almost all specs tend to be the same.]. However it is said to have a very poor build quality.

Considering that I will be carrying it to college in my bag that I don't carry very carefully & the Netbook could possibly also be used by others who are also not careful with things should I consider buying it.

I also dont want to get held up because of a non-functioing Netbook. It is a little out of my budget & apparently does not have a very good build quality but I get a 13.1" screen.

Please advice

TIA :)

P.S: Am planning to place an oder for this within the day or max Friday for early
delivery.

azzu

AJJU
Forget champion it has very poor build quality and it isnt from a reputed company so xpect least support
My freind has HCL mh04 considering ur budget Mh04 is a good netbook with all features u'll be needing

OP
slugger

slugger

Banned
@azzu
Thanks for recommending the MH04.
Ran though its specs - screen size is stated as 10" while the others listed seem to have a screen size of 10.1".
Am hoping to buy 1 with the biggest possible screen within the budget without losing too much on the other factors

Also the battery life listed appears to be a tad low for a 6-cell - some of the Netbooks I listed seem to be offering 6-cell batteries with higher Energy

In terms of priority for my Netbook [highest priority on top]
1. Price
2. Screen size
3. OS
4. Battery
5. Webcam
6. Connectivity
7. RAM
8. Processor
9. HDD

Anybody want to help me with my Netbook??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom