Help On Getting Connected To Net Using Airtel Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumeet_naik

It doesn't matter!
Hi Thr friends.......
I can't seem to load some of the websites(ones like orkut,google.etc..) using Airtel live....I get the connection...............
I have got a K750i cell and use bluetooth..............

I tried the following method

Airtel Live GPRS access on PC @ 115.2 Kbps Internet

You need a PC or a Laptop and the required connectivity tools ,ie.,
Serial/USB cable OR Infrared Device OR Bluetooth dongle

1) Activate Airtel Live! ( It's FREE so no probs)

2) Create TWO Airtel gprs data accounts (yep TWO) and select the
FIRST as the active profile.(download and install two times)

3) Connect your mobile to the PC (or Laptop) and install the driver for
your mobile's modem.

4) Create a new dial-up connection using the NEW CONNECTION
WIZARD as follows

Connecting Device : Your mobile's modem
ISP Name : Airtel (or anything you like)
Phone Number : *99***2#
Username and Password : blank

5) Configure your browser and download manager to use the proxy
100.1.200.99 and port 8080.( My advice is to use Opera since you
can browse both wap and regular websites)

6) Connect to the dial-up account. You will be connected at 115.2
kbps (but remember, that is a bad joke).

7) Pick up your mobile and try to access any site. You will get "Access
Denied..."(except for Airtel Live!). IT DOES NOT MATTER.
Keep the mobile down.

8 ) On the PC ( or Laptop) open your browser, enter any address ,
press ENTER and.......WAIT

Plz Help me.........

hailgautam

Youngling
i have a k750i and i use airtel mobile office gprs connection to browse net.

when you install sony ericsson pc suit there you will fine a button for "get connected" by clicking that button the connection is automatically set. no manual settings. well that is what i did and worked for me! as simple as that, try doing that. and yes i installed mo settings only once. check with the cust care for whether live works for browsing?

why don't you try disconnecting and re connecting. their connection is quit slow anyway, it might help.

Last edited:

Crazy Kidd

In the zone
Sorry to hurt your feelings bro but the net through Airtel Live doesn't seems to work anymore in some states anymore. Which state are you from? Is other pages are opening. Reply soon and I'll reply you sooner.
Bye the way hailgautam Airtel Live is a free service and Mobile Office is a paid service. So the trial you suggested won't work. And why say when you can use it for free. Don't try to call customer care because they have no idea how to use it. And its not legal. Its done by some hacking or by exploiting some flaws in the Airtel end. So......... bye.

Last edited:

hailgautam

Youngling
Crazy Kidd said:
Bye the way hailgautam Airtel Live is a free service and Mobile Office is a paid service. So the trial you suggested won't work. And why say when you can use it for free. Don't try to call customer care because they have no idea how to use it. And its not legal. Its done by some hacking or by exploiting some flaws in the Airtel end. So......... bye.

ya i know that MO is paid and Live is free. but i was not aware about the trick, and thought that he was confused.

OP
Sumeet_naik

Sumeet_naik

It doesn't matter!
Hey thx guys i ain't a newbie i know the diff b/w Airtel Live and MO ,.....the airtel ive even worked out for few days on my pc....mow i've to use MO...coz they blocked the flaw that allowed free browsing through airtel live...

Pathik

Google Bot
nope... NOP is 2rs/day in india... only thing is that it isnt I-Gprs like MO... has proxies...

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
nop is only for mobile browsing while MO is for pc as well as mobile browsing

meanwhile is it really true that airtel live is free i mean is it free to surf the ne t using your pc

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
BTW Airtel has started providing full access on Airtel Live to all sites at the charge of 15p per 10KB....
Dunno if it works on PC like MO...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom