Help needed with building a computer.

shekharSHASHANK

Journeyman
Tell me again why are you using +ve and -ve pressures and then talking about temperatures of CPU/GPU I assume.
Tempertures of CPU/GPU remain most probably the same for both +/- based systems.
What actully would different is the path air follows inside the case.
CPU/GPU are front line components, they will get airflow irrespective of the fan orientation.
Anadtech says that you will run into performance issues, as in maybe a particular component of your motherboard stopped getting airflow, and due to prolonged reverse fan flow, may be one of the capacitors on the mobo gave up.Well capacitors are usually thermal tolerant to large extent, it is usually the sodering that goes down.
☝This was told to my by an RMA guy over at Asus.
This type of performance issues occur when you switch the fan profiles.

Your GPU and CPU almost will get the same airflow becuase the front of S340 have almost zero restriction to airflow.(as in imside of the front plate)

Is you are using +ve pressures for S340, i request you to revert them back asap.

Or to better get my point get an IR sensistive camera and map your side window.((BUT then I guess this seems highly improbable thing to do))

Also there the capacitor thing was an example, there are far more variables that can get screwed up.

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
Tell me again why are you using +ve and -ve pressures and then talking about temperatures of CPU/GPU I assume.
Tempertures of CPU/GPU remain most probably the same for both +/- based systems.
What actully would different is the path air follows inside the case.
CPU/GPU are front line components, they will get airflow irrespective of the fan orientation.
Anadtech says that you will run into performance issues, as in maybe a particular component of your motherboard stopped getting airflow, and due to prolonged reverse fan flow, may be one of the capacitors on the mobo gave up.Well capacitors are usually thermal tolerant to large extent, it is usually the sodering that goes down.
☝This was told to my by an RMA guy over at Asus.
This type of performance issues occur when you switch the fan profiles.

Your GPU and CPU almost will get the same airflow becuase the front of S340 have almost zero restriction to airflow.(as in imside of the front plate)

Is you are using +ve pressures for S340, i request you to revert them back asap.

Or to better get my point get an IR sensistive camera and map your side window.((BUT then I guess this seems highly improbable thing to do))

Also there the capacitor thing was an example, there are far more variables that can get screwed up.

Let's say I agree with you and whatever you say may or may not be true.
But is my experience different from the review you mentioned? YES.
Did having a + pressure in a case which is supposedly optimized for - pressure break anything was my performance crippled? No.
Most Reviews are done to test the product to its extreme limit often creating situations which will never happen in everyday usage. Try to understand. Search online most of the people who use even s340 have fans arrangement for positive pressure. Having a -,+ pressure is a personal preference. All I wanted to say from the start is that you're experience will be different to what reviews say.

shekharSHASHANK

Journeyman
Well then keep your pressure +ve for a year or so..i or you will get an idea of what unsuitable airflow may hamper.
It's not compulsory that it will happen.. Bit there are high changes that it will happen..

Also its no brainer that you would bave easily seen 1-2 degree heigher in case ambient with +ve.
Its just hard to measure for a general user.

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
Well then keep your pressure +ve for a year or so..i or you will get an idea of what unsuitable airflow may hamper.
It's not compulsory that it will happen.. Bit there are high changes that it will happen..

Also its no brainer that you would bave easily seen 1-2 degree heigher in case ambient with +ve.
Its just hard to measure for a general user.

Yes I am general user who prefers not to blindly follow reviews, I don't use the S340 system anymore I sold it, I have always been a general user and will always be. You can harp about you're review all you want fact is you have not used a Nzxt S340 but I have so I know what I am saying. You still can't understand and probably never will you're personal experience will always be different from a certain review.

shekharSHASHANK

Journeyman
Yes I am general user who prefers not to blindly follow reviews, I don't use the S340 system anymore I sold it, I have always been a general user and will always be. You can harp about you're review all you want fact is you have not used a Nzxt S340 but I have so I know what I am saying. You still can't understand and probably never will you're personal experience will always be different from a certain review.
When did you sell it?? Btw?? And what are you using now?

shekharSHASHANK

Journeyman
Can't remember properly must have been 1 year. My current config is in my signature

Oh!! So if you sold your S340 a year back? How did you do the +/- ve test yeasterday on your S340? On which you claimed that your experiance was different than that of the reviewer??

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
Oh!! So if you sold your S340 a year back? How did you do the +/- ve test yeasterday on your S340? On which you claimed that your experiance was different than that of the reviewer??

I never used the word yesterday, go and read again, you are seriously blind. The day I bought S340 I had installed 120mm as exhaust and two 120mm front fans as intake this was my setup. I remember my cpU temp result because I stress tested a lot. You are just to thick to understand all this!

shekharSHASHANK

Journeyman
Oh..So those were the scores from a test that you did a year back..Actually the way you established your differences with Anadtech, I automatically assumed that you would have the resources required to prove your claims if needed.
Never imagined that the scores that you put were from a test a more than a year ago..
(BTW the temps that you put were nothing of the representative of what we were talking about)
God knows what you did back then.
If those were results back then, the I doubt with them with the full potential that I have.
I am not thick, its just I am resilliant to things that sound absurd.
Even though I might be the one you think as "thick" but in the end you are one who came up just spitting numbers without conclusive proofs to back them.
So, get some proof the next time you post your "experiance" with something.
And i think this thing ia going way out of topic.
And I'll back to this thread when Insee some proofs from your side.

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
I am a normal human being, remembering something from my past experience and some numbers is easy for me. I don't care if you believe me or not, there are plenty of user's here who believe me. Also I don't care about you're personal opinion towards me because you have not owned a S340 yourself. Go buy one then come back and tell me I am wrong

Top Bottom