help needed laptop over heating dell 15r

Tanish

Broken In
guyz i hav a laptop dell 15r n5110. It was working fine few days back . But now it is over heating when i play games like battlefield 3, fifa 13, nfs mw etc.
There are frequents lags and fps drops.. suggest me some tweaks and also a cooler pad under 1k... Thanq

Gtb93

In the zone
I'd normally open it up, clear the vents and all that.
But if it's a new laptop, I'd suggest you take it to the cc and let them fix it for you, if not just open it and check for yourself.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Its really easy if you have some basic knowledge..
All you have to do is, unscrew the back panel.. unscrew the fan and using a nylon kerchief and some alcohol, gently clean the fan and the grill..
Make sure you do not spin the fan in the opposite direction
Temp shd be reduced by 5-10 degrees afterwards

OP
T

Tanish

Broken In
Its really easy if you have some basic knowledge..
All you have to do is, unscrew the back panel.. unscrew the fan and using a nylon kerchief and some alcohol, gently clean the fan and the grill..
Make sure you do not spin the fan in the opposite direction
Temp shd be reduced by 5-10 degrees afterwards

Dude my laptop has a difficult opening procedure...How to Upgrade Hard Drive - Dell Inspiron 15R N5010 or N5110 - YouTube

I assume it's not under warranty since it's one and half years old. If you go to official dell support they'll charge you 1400 bucks just for opening the laptop. It's better you watch the videos regardingopeneing your laptop and get yourself comfortable.

Dell_Gautam_H

Right off the assembly line
guyz i hav a laptop dell 15r n5110. It was working fine few days back . But now it is over heating when i play games like battlefield 3, fifa 13, nfs mw etc.
There are frequents lags and fps drops.. suggest me some tweaks and also a cooler pad under 1k... Thanq

Hi Tanish,

My name is Gautam and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell.

As per your post, the primary issue is with overheating. Overheating is generally caused when the vents are choked with lint or dust. The system can also overheat in case it is used on a soft surface where the vents get blocked. Please try cleaning your vents with a soft brush or try blowing out the dust from the fan.

In certain cases, a bios update may be required for regulating the system fan speed. Please visit our website Dell Support and find the bios update for your PC by entering your service tag.
You may check the BIOS version by pressing F2 at Dell logo. It is also possible to run a self-diagnostic on the system to check for any hardware issues. This can be done by the diagnostic test which is accessed by pressing F12 at Dell logo. If a hardware failure is found, an error code will be returned. This will also help in further identifying the source of the failure.

Please reply on the post if any further assistance is required. I shall be glad to assist you further.
We would recommend you do not post your private information on a public forum.

Thanks & Regards
Dell_Gautam_H
Dell Social Media Responder

Top Bottom