>>>HELP NEEDED.....FLASHGET REMOVAL PROBLEM<<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

maximus999

Broken In
Hello..........Guyz...Straight up to the question...........I had the download manager FLASHGET installed on my PC.for some reasons i wanted to remove it..i.e; Uninstall it so i did it by going to Add/Remove programs....all done....Still after Removing it and all its components Whenever I right Click any file to download it.the window that opens still shows me the options"Download using Flashget" and "download all suing Flashget".......As i had uninstalled it shouldn't show in these options..What do i do to clean it up.......entirely....anything to be done with the registry...here's a screen shot......Plzz help...*img203.exs.cx/img203/3226/flashgeterror111ya.jpg

dreams

Gracias Senor
one way is to search for the name "Flashget" in the registry and delete those entries.. your problem tells tht the reference created by Flashget is not removed and this can b done manualy only.. so go to registry editor and delete the references with the name "Flashget"

..Shar n nJoy..

OP
maximus999

maximus999

Broken In
Deleted all the entries in the Registry that are of Flashget.....Still am having the same problem........Plzz tell me na experts How ro clean it up fully............

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Download Browser Sentinel 2.0 from *www.unhsolutions.com/ and go to its Context Menu Option and now remove the flashget entries.

Infact Browser Sentinel is the best browser protector.

OP
maximus999

maximus999

Broken In
Besides installing new softwares...........arent there any tweaks to clean up all the traces of Flashget........My Pc is slow and i really hate installing new softwares that may put on extra load on my already slow PC........Plzz suggest a better solution........Thanx

swatkat

Technomancer
You can remove the context menu entries of FlashGet by using ToolBarCop. It's a small executable file, which doesnt even need installation. Download it and post the screenshot of it.

(S)aint

Right off the assembly line
Or what u could do is try out MIcrosoft antispyware form the microsoft site.Its a spyware cleaner too so u'll get an advantage of removing other pesky programs and since you dont want to hae too many programs on ur pc at a single time u could just uninstall it and install it whenever u want to use it :wink:

OP
maximus999

maximus999

Broken In
Here's the screenshot of Toolbar cop.. 2 pics....two becoz during first screen capture i missed the items that were listed below in the toolbar cop Report..........Plzz help me eliminate other unnecessary items too that slow down my startup.........*img203.echo.cx/img203/5359/toolbarreport16dq.jpg*img127.echo.cx/img127/3052/toolbarreport29vy.jpg

OP
maximus999

maximus999

Broken In
Is Microsoft Antispyware really excellent.......would it be a load on resources.......Is it free.......where can i get it and read all about it.......I have a genuine windows would it be free for me.........heard somewhere...........

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
maximus999 said:
Is Microsoft Antispyware really excellent.......would it be a load on resources.......Is it free.......where can i get it and read all about it.......I have a genuine windows would it be free for me.........heard somewhere...........

Microsoft Antispyware is free and will remain free forever for Genuine Windows XP users. It does not load your system too much and is an excellent
anit-spyware software.

The link is posted above by grinning_devil.

swatkat

Technomancer
Click the thumbnails, and save the image files to Hard Disk. Then boot in SAFE mode, and run ToolBarCop, and right-click the entries in red box and click "Delete".
*img203.echo.cx/img203/3039/toolbarreport16dq1ns.th.gif
*img31.echo.cx/img31/4010/toolbarreport29vy0zb.th.gif

OP
maximus999

maximus999

Broken In
SD Win32 Class
DriveLetterAccess

I am still confused about these entries are these really not required.......would deletting these cause any error in the system.......Plzz explain

Thanx a Lot ...SWATKAT.......I sucessfully deleted all the Flashget traces ......

One new problem...I cannot see the thumbnails u have posted in Mozilla Firefox 1.0.2..........I had to use IE6 to view these......What to do abt this???

swatkat

Technomancer
You can leave those entries as it is, they are related to somw Windows components. If you have already removed, there will be backup files in the folder where ToolBarCop is present, these will be .REG files. Open those files in NotePad and then look for the entry you removed, when you find the correct file, close NotePad, and simply double-click on the .REG file that is to be restored.

OP
maximus999

maximus999

Broken In
Thanx o lot Swatkat.............One more help I require form u??????? I have SifyBroadband connection home........I have Symantec Antivirus Corp edition 8... licensed installed ..........using it.........Sify offers a McAfee Viruscan Package free to all its customers......Should i take the McAfee Viruscan Package licensed free.............or should i stick with Symantec..........Which amongst these is Superior In detection and removal........I have read several reviews but to Know about it from an expert like u would really be of great help.........u might have seen it running for real........Plzzz advise!!!!!!

swatkat

Technomancer
Both are good, but that McAfee offering from Sify may be a toned down version of the real McAfee Virus scan.
Anyway it's better to stick with Norton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom