Help needed!! Buying tomorrow. Best gaming laptop under 58k

I'm posting this on behalf of my friend. He is going to buy tomorrow or day after tomorrow. Personally he is more inclined towards dell inspiron 15R special edition with 3rd gen core i5, Radeon 7730 and full hd screen. Primary preference is gaming. Now he has a question. Will 7730 and full hd screen be a good combo for gaming??? Also which are the other options. Again primary preference is gaming and budget is 58k.

n3rd

In the zone
Nvidia GT 650M is better for gaming. How about Samsung Series 5?
Samsung NP550P5C-S05IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) - Samsung: Flipkart.com

comes with blueray drive too.

FHD is a tad overrated - I mean seriously, are you gonna notice that much of a difference on a relatively small screen? (Screen quality/color reproduction etc are a different topic altogether)
And obviously pushing more pixels = more resource intensive, as you might have guessed.

PS: 17R SE comes with GT 650M too for the record.

saaransh9

Journeyman
dont know why but my heart never agreed to buy samsung so i bought dell

n if u are preparing to buy turbo with fhd have a look at lenovo y500

n as a inspiron turbo owner myself u wont have any problem with it. :)

OP
Harsh Pranami

Harsh Pranami

Padawan
Samsung NP550P5C-S05IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) - Samsung: Flipkart.com

FHD is a tad overrated - I mean seriously, are you gonna notice that much of a difference on a relatively small screen? (Screen quality/color reproduction etc are a different topic altogether)
And obviously pushing more pixels = more resource intensive, as you might have guessed.

I've heard that colors are not that much vibrant on anti glare screen? Is it true??

OP
Harsh Pranami

Harsh Pranami

Padawan

So is that the final call??? Any other options? I know that is the best but still any other?

@OP : Go for Samsung, great specs for the price.........or else get Y500 if you can increase your budget.

Note: I was going to buy Samsung, but I increased my budget and got myself a Y500 because of its looks, ultrabay and FHD display. Samsung's sound quality is great (JBL with subwoofer)....better than my Y500

OP
Harsh Pranami

Harsh Pranami

Padawan
Unless you're considering Y500, not really. GT 650M is the best GPU in that price range.

@OP : Go for Samsung, great specs for the price.........or else get Y500 if you can increase your budget.

Note: I was going to buy Samsung, but I increased my budget and got myself a Y500 because of its looks, ultrabay and FHD display. Samsung's sound quality is great (JBL with subwoofer)....better than my Y500
Thanks for your help guys. I'm gonna show this to my friend . Thanks

Unless you're considering Y500, not really. GT 650M is the best GPU in that price range.

Thanks for your help guys. I'm gonna show this to my friend . Thanks

sanemate

Broken In
I was going to buy Y500 this week now this thread got me confused. As I see, Samsung has a better processor than the Y500 at a lower price (around 5-6k lower).

Any pros and cons wrt both of these? Overheating issues etc. But yeah, seems there will be one extra year offsite+ADP in Y500.

OP
Harsh Pranami

Harsh Pranami

Padawan
I was going to buy Y500 this week now this thread got me confused. As I see, Samsung has a better processor than the Y500 at a lower price (around 5-6k lower).

Any pros and cons wrt both of these? Overheating issues etc. But yeah, seems there will be one extra year offsite+ADP in Y500.

Y500 is certainly better. If you can afford it, go for it.

Top Bottom