Help neede for this very specific usage.

vaibhavs800

Journeyman
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
Not fixed, will spend as much required still the cheaper the better.

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Netbook; 11" - 10” screen or less
Thin and Light; 12" - 14" screen
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen
Mainstream 15.6 preffered

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
Running ide, vm, multiple os
Mainly needed for coding. Have a desktop rig already for gaming and heavy programs etc.

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
I would lile a i3/A8 as a minimum as i require virtualisation which my current lappy does not have.
Fhd display, backlit keyboard and a ssd.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like:
b. Dislike:
Like Dell for their accidental warranty
Dislike particularly acer.

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Screen resolution ( 768p (HD) / 900p / 1080p (Full HD) )
Battery back up ( normal (3-4hrs) / extended (5-7hrs) )
Purchase place ( Online (eg - flipkart, infibeam) / Local / Abroad (do mention the country) )

I would like the laptop to be fhd in resolution, with a backlit keyboard. I like ssd too as I need fast booting times, spoiled by my desktop :p
Should offer a long battery life and should be lightweight. Dont need a graphic card or touch display.
4gb ram in 1 slot or a total of 8gb is needed.
Lenovo Ideapad Flex 2-14 Notebook (4th Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8.1/ Touch) (59-429728) Rs.38990 Price in India - Buy Lenovo Ideapad Flex 2-14 Notebook (4th Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8.1/ Touch) (59-429728) Grey Online - Lenovo : Flipkart.com

This laptop almost meets my needs, if it wasn't for that 1.7ghz processor. It might be enough, but don't want to take chances.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Perfomance is not frequency depended but depends on architecture.

Buy Lenovo Flex-2 14 59-429729 14-inch Laptop (Core i5 4210U/4GB/500GB/Windows 8.1/N15V-GM DDR3L 2GB Graphics/with Laptop Bag), Grey Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

OP
V

vaibhavs800

Journeyman
Perfomance is not frequency depended but depends on architecture.

I know that very well but without even turbo boost I have my doubts over multitasking efficiency and running virtual machines on just 1.7ghz haswell proccy.

The machine you suggested, I saw that one already and it just has a 820m? I think. Its better to not have a gpu at all infront of this puny one. I don't think its even 2x powerful than igp on the processor itself. I don't need the added weight or redundant drivers of nvidia on a machine I know I will never use for gaming :)

Any other suggestions?
I am thinking of the laptop i was leaning to buy in the op or 256gb rmbp/ mac book air 13.

- - - Updated - - -

Found this one
*www.amazon.in/Lenovo-59429728-14-inch-Windows-Graphics/dp/B00OM2IAUO

1.9ghz with hyper threading ought to do all the stuff.

Last edited:
OP
V

vaibhavs800

Journeyman
I haven't bought ut till now, but will get the 1.9ghz i3 one. My friend has got the flex 2 i5 with 820m and hd display. Viewing angles are poor on that laptop, rest is fine.

@vi

Journeyman
^oh :/ I had some hopes on it cos of display. It's the only IPS FHD within 45-50k budget. Despite poor viewing angle why are you going with it? Did you find any laptop with better screen?

Also, wouldnt you want to wait till Flex 3 are launched (i5 5th gen)?

OP
V

vaibhavs800

Journeyman
That was the 720p model, hopefully fhd will be better. Had ordered it already but now new asus ux 305 has come out. If its giving 512gb ssd for 50k I will buy it for that alone :p

Flex 3 will take half a year to come out. 5th gen ulvs haven't even launcged internatiinally. I would wait for zen apus if i could.

Top Bottom