Help: Moto X Play unable to detect home Wifi

the.one

In the zone
Hi

I recently bought the Moto X Play from Flipkart.

Since day 1 I'm unable to use my home wifi and hence have not setup the phone upto now.

On the first boot itself after selecting lang options it asks to select an available wifi network to check for updates etc. Here it lists other networks from my neighbours but fails to detect my own home network.

I did not find much time upto now to fully pursue this issue and hence left the handset unused in the box. Did some research online where ppl say this maybe due to routers configuration, so I called my ISP to check the issue, they sent a technician who came in my absence to my place and checked the router & phone and informed me that it's not a router issue, but can be a problem with the phone itself.

Now I don't understand whether I should go ahead and return it. Or is there any other possible solution.

I will do some research online before concluding on a return. If any of u have faced this kind of issue before pls let me know how it was resolved.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok spent some time last night and got it working.. changing router's config with Wireless channel from 13 to 11.
Security from WPA to WPA2.

Thanks. This topic can be closed.

Top Bottom