help me select laptop for around 60 k mainly used for multimedia

anon5505

Right off the assembly line
need laptop for normal multimedia need and some photo editing but mostly do not need to push it hard

i do not play games but wont mind if it has ability to play some games maybe like once a month. my only big requirement is screen should be great (at least fhd ) and accurate as i watch lots of movies on laptop and use it for editing photos ..also i believe anything less than 1080p should not be acceptable anymore and since i wont be gaming much i guess resolution should not effect me badly in anyway .

here is the questionnaire but i just wanted to share my biggest need first :)

1) What is your budget?*(INR or USD)

around 60k at most 65k

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
size and weight do not matter but preferably lighter is better but should not come at cost of screen and performance

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
i do not want hp laptop as i had lots of problem with them before and sony since they are selling their vaio division last time i heard ..rest all are fine

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?*
mostly multimedia but not much gaming

6) Anything else you would like to say?
just need very good screen and good solid performance with not much overheating while doing regular day to day light use.

i tried to found some laptops but to my surprise 1080p does not exists under 50 k! tried to find lenovo laptops after reading this site but could not find any in market (i do not want to order from internet) will keep trying to find

so ones i did find are

inspiron-15-5547 ...according to specs it has ips panel 1080p but has weaker gpu than some of lenovo laptops which cost 10 k less ..(not sure just read somewhere )

is there any other option within my price range ? i think lenovo has same and if its really i good i might order it from internet but how does panel on those laptops compare to dell one ? isnt IPS supposed to be much better ?

any other recommendation would be appreciated ...also what are realistic battery times in these models ? (while not gaming ) as i was tempted to get macbook air but i did not like the screen but its still option if everything else is not good enough .

i never expected buying laptop will be so hard..i am hoping you guys will be able to solve this problem :)

thanks in advance :)

OP
A

anon5505

Are you sure it has good screen ? Did not find it in market and guy said it was not fhd..

- - - Updated - - -

please guys its very urgent ..i do not have laptop right now and need it within this week! :(

honestly i am even considering macbook air but screen was ok but is dell option i wrote in OP good option ?
my main use is browsing ,editing etc so screen is more important ...will this be good enough for me ?

there is literally no other laptop with 1080 p screen cheaper than this ..

- - - Updated - - -

do not want to spam but any information would be really helpful ..

is that dell my only option ? are there any problems with it ? if i do not get decent 1080p laptop i will be forced to get macbook air which i am hesitant as my hard drives full of pictures i clicked and movies will not be useable on mac atleast i wont be bale to wrote and i do not want to put windows on macbook air ...also screen looks mediocre to me when i used my cousin's air ..

so please any information would be helpful :( ...i need to know if dell is good enough ? i have noticed people here love lenovo and rightfully so as it must be best for gaming but my gaming needs will pretty much be some fifa and light gaming which is not intensive at all.

is this dell laptop best for my needs...needs that are to have great display ( on paper ips 1080p sounds good ) and good over all specs..battery of around 3-4 is sufficient.

rishi_sethi

Journeyman
The Dell model you mentioned has no full hd screen, leave alone an ips one. When I looked up on the web about this model, it costs around 40k, are you sure u posted the right model no.?

Simplon

Broken In
Are you sure it has good screen ? Did not find it in market and guy said it was not fhd..

Z510 doesnt has the FHD screen. The screen is also bad. I have personally seen it. Poor viewing angles and bad colour reproduction. You can check notebookcheck.net for review. It has an internal battery (inside the case) and it is very difficult to upgrade and maintain. (Check disassembling video of z510 on youtube). If you are ok with the average screen and diffcult maintenance then its a good buy. Make up your mind soon as only 1GB Graphics model (5848) is currently available in market and it is going to be discontinued very soon.

OP
A

anon5505

The Dell model you mentioned has no full hd screen, leave alone an ips one. When I looked up on the web about this model, it costs around 40k, are you sure u posted the right model no.?

Buddy top i7 model has ips 1080p touch screen

- - - Updated - - -

Z510 doesnt has the FHD screen. The screen is also bad. I have personally seen it. Poor viewing angles and bad colour reproduction. You can check notebookcheck.net for review. It has an internal battery (inside the case) and it is very difficult to upgrade and maintain. (Check disassembling video of z510 on youtube). If you are ok with the average screen and diffcult maintenance then its a good buy. Make up your mind soon as only 1GB Graphics model (5848) is currently available in market and it is going to be discontinued very soon.

My main priority is good screen ...my other laptop in consideration is MacBook Air ao power is not that important....will dell one play Fifa?

I have no question in my mind that lenovo laptops would be better for gamers like you guys but for me personally having good screen is more important than power so is that dell model best choice I got or can I get better value ?

Tell me about performance of that dell model ..will it suffice ? I will edit some photos and very very occasionally encode some video for my iPad ...

- - - Updated - - -

so guys ?

lenovo has no fhd laptops at this price range...is dell my only option ? if yes is it good enough for my needs ?
there is also hp but its 10k more expensive and i think its just i5

there is also dell 7000 series but its more than 80 k

just simple question is this my only option ? and if yes is it good enough for my needs or not ? and any known issue with display ?
i am expecting 3-4 hour battery..would it deliver ?

mayasinha

You can buy Lenovo Z50 (59-427802) Laptop (4th Gen Intel Core i5- 8GB RAM- 1TB HDD- 15.6 Inches- Windows 8.1- 4GB Graphics) . Really this laptop is amazing. You can find this laptop on Snapdeal at best price.

OP
A

anon5505

You can buy Lenovo Z50 (59-427802) Laptop (4th Gen Intel Core i5- 8GB RAM- 1TB HDD- 15.6 Inches- Windows 8.1- 4GB Graphics) . Really this laptop is amazing. You can find this laptop on Snapdeal at best price.

is screen good on this ?some one said no lenovo laptop has 1080p (in my price range )

- - - Updated - - -

Ok guys it might be annoying for you me bumping this thread but today is last day...so please reply if you can

There is no other option so it's between MacBook Air 2014 and dell inspirion 15 5547(fhd)

Which one should I go for ...if I get Mac I will not put windows so is 4 gb ram going to be enough ? Is here any better option in this price range which have great screens ?

- - - Updated - - -

I know I must be coming off as annoying person but today is last day at home so I need to buy laptop today

I honestly just need good display ...between options I just wrote which is best for me ? Having latest generation gpu is not important

Also battery is more important than little bit more speed which I won't even notice daily

- - - Updated - - -

It's very urgent :(

ARP

Broken In
is screen good on this ?some one said no lenovo laptop has 1080p (in my price range )

- - - Updated - - -

Ok guys it might be annoying for you me bumping this thread but today is last day...so please reply if you can

There is no other option so it's between MacBook Air 2014 and dell inspirion 15 5547(fhd)

Which one should I go for ...if I get Mac I will not put windows so is 4 gb ram going to be enough ? Is here any better option in this price range which have great screens ?

- - - Updated - - -

I know I must be coming off as annoying person but today is last day at home so I need to buy laptop today

I honestly just need good display ...between options I just wrote which is best for me ? Having latest generation gpu is not important

Also battery is more important than little bit more speed which I won't even notice daily

- - - Updated - - -

It's very urgent :(

You can check Toshiba L50-B Y3110 which has a FHD IPS screen. I have seen it locally for 57k. The con I found is the build quality, which is not so good. The hinges are not very stable, loose dvd drive etc

OP
A

anon5505

You can check Toshiba L50-B Y3110 which has a FHD IPS screen. I have seen it locally for 57k. The con I found is the build quality, which is not so good. The hinges are not very stable, loose dvd drive etc
ok will check it out :)
^ Again a ulv for 60k :facepalm:

for some people like me its enough ...ulv is not bad it gives more battery and having better screen is priority .

what will having 2 more cores do for my requirement ?

i am not a gamer is getting ulv bad ?

- - - Updated - - -

also you are just considering cpu and gpu and not stuff like screen..you will have to cut corner some where i guess..

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway I am decided on dell my only problem with this laptop is hard drive which is slow ..even my last laptop had 7200 rpm drive and it made huge difference and now I want to install ssd ..

Is there any procedure which is recommended for that and does dell laptop support it ? And what about hdd which came with it ?

- - - Updated - - -

Also which ssd will you guys recommend :)

Top Bottom