Status
Not open for further replies.

pc_game_lover2004

~Beating Toughest Games~
Guys I first installed Windows Xp in E drive and password protected my login.But there was some problem and I've to set up XP in C drive but now My login Folder ie.
E:\Documents & Settings\Users\My Name is not accesible. I have some important data in it. How can i retrieve my data back....:confused::confused::confused:

OP
pc_game_lover2004

pc_game_lover2004

~Beating Toughest Games~
How I don't understand....:(:(:(:(:(

please guys help me out it's urgent....

Hey guys does none of you know the solution....

Last edited:

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
if u have a live cd of ubuntu linux, insert it and restart the PC. ur first boot device needs to be set as ur CD/DVD ROM. u can change this by enterin the bios during startup (usually by pressing DEL). after linux boots, open My Disk (or something like that) navigate to the folder. if u have a flash drive, copy the contents to it. or if u have a net connection, just mail urself the contents. hope this helps.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
^^ how troublesome... save yourself the trouble and copy the files to ANOTHER folder/drive. Simple, na?

yogeshm.007

The real Bond
First try to access the folder using Administrator account. If still unsuccessful, then boot from any bootable LINUX CD (many have been provided by Digit in the past) and access the folders. But, herelies another problem. Most of the live cds wont write to NTFS by default. So, if you have a FAT32 partition, then copy files to it OR copy to a flash drive OR write to a CD.

DISCLAIMER: Above works if you had not encrypted your files!

OP
pc_game_lover2004

pc_game_lover2004

~Beating Toughest Games~
ya thanks guys you guys really rock.. my prob.solved that's why digit is the best forum... well used Ubuntu from December 2007 isue of digit...botted in safe mode..and copied my files..absolutely no prob. once again special thanks to...hullap, beta testing,dheeraj and yogesh....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom