help me choose

Xamanus

Journeyman
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Mainly Cities skylines loaded with mods and cod types

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 50-60k
3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Not soon as first build but maybe in the future

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: 10

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Dont need hard drive, bought 1tb ssd sandisk from usa

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No, I got a 24 inch monitor at office and 42 inch tv at hoem, both 1080p

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Dont need hard drive, got ssd monitor and 1060 6b and wireless keybaord n mouse

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: This week

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: No, will get the shop guy to do it

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: locally laminton road with gst, if online cheaper then online to.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Please recommend to the rest needed to build a pc. I need wifi for this desktop. Also not decided if i will leave this in office or home, Would like to take the desktop home to office twice a month. Please try to stick around 50k.

I was thinking
2600x - 17500 - whats difference between 2600 n 2600x, if i take 2600x i dont need cooler?
x470 - 11000 - do i need this? what are the other cheaper options out there? ( no idea how to do bios update) also does the x470 have inbuilt wifi?
1060 6b ( already got ) - few months after 11 series
corsair 3000mz 16gb - 12500, What other options, also can i use another brand later on if i wanna add more ram?
Case and power supply and if anything else need

Minion

Conversation Architect
AMD RYZEN 5 2600 Desktop Processor-15,000
Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING-14,000
ADATA 8GB DDR4 RGB AX4U320038G16-SRS-8,000
Corsair SPEC-ALPHA White-Red-4,500
Corsair RM650X-8400

Both 2600 and 2600x comes with CPU cooler
D link wifi adapter are available for 300-500 rupees

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^Why such expensive X470 mobo,that too from gigabyte(asus seems to be leader in this segment as per reviews),for non-X processor.Also don't take it otherwise but why do you usually recommend corsair spec alpha when it has only max 156mm cpu cooler support(I think all good ones require ~165mm) & nothing extra to compensate for this(like extra 3.5" hdd bays etc) or am I missing something(assuming it is not radiator support).

edit: psu also seems to be an old model,why not latest corsair RMx or TXM series especially considering for a 1060 with non OC processor even 650W is overkill.

Minion

Conversation Architect
^^Why such expensive X470 mobo,that too from gigabyte(asus seems to be leader in this segment as per reviews),for non-X processor.Also don't take it otherwise but why do you usually recommend corsair spec alpha when it has only max 156mm cpu cooler support(I think all good ones require ~165mm) & nothing extra to compensate for this(like extra 3.5" hdd bays etc) or am I missing something(assuming it is not radiator support).

edit: psu also seems to be an old model,why not latest corsair RMx or TXM series especially considering for a 1060 with non OC processor even 650W is overkill.

The Gigabyte mobo I suggested is one of the best x470 mobo and generally Gigabyte offers more features than Asus for same price.I could have suggested OP a X370 moboboards but I don't want OP to have trouble with BIOS updates.

Performance difference between 2600 and 2600x is minor and 2600 is cheaper and have a lower TDP of 65 watts.

OP is not going to overclock so he would be fine with stock cooler

for PSU I edited my original post with RMx

I choose Corsair Spec alpha because I don't like boxy computer cases and Spec alpha looks way better and modern looking than other cases.

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Would suggest going for a X370 mobo, ask the seller to install bios before sending it. A one time nuisance is nothing compared to the money that he will save.
Would suggest going for a cheaper PSU also.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^Thing is only cheaper option worth considering after RMx & TXM series is corsair's latest CX series but based on my experience with its 550W model with an ageing 600VA ups I am hesitant to recommend it unless strictly on budget or having a large capacity ups(like 1kva or a good APC 600VA/similar ups) & especially when a TXM or RMx is within budget.

Minion

Conversation Architect
^^Thing is only cheaper option worth considering after RMx & TXM series is corsair's latest CX series but based on my experience with its 550W model with an ageing 600VA ups I am hesitant to recommend it unless strictly on budget or having a large capacity ups(like 1kva or a good APC 600VA/similar ups) & especially when a TXM or RMx is within budget.

Yeah,CX 430 destroyed my mobo not worth it considering OP is going with high end components

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^That is old CX series,the latest CX450/550/650 are much better(my only issue is most likely because of using a generic 600VA ups which again will most likely work fine with TX or RMx series).In fact they are the only budget option worth considering now that Antec VP series quality is also gone downhill.

Top Bottom