Help me choose a cell phone

Discussion in 'Mobiles and Tablets' started by rational, Oct 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rational

rational New Member

Hello everyone,

I am a new member here. I registered myself a couple of days back, but this is my first post.

I am going to buy a new cell phone and I want some help in choosing one. The one feature that I am particularly looking for in my new cell phone is that it should be able to play FM radio. I know there are many phones out there which can do this. But the catch is that I want a phone which can recored live FM in MP3/AMR format. Some of my friends told me that this is not possible yet ( I am practically a newbie when it comes to cell phone), but I want to make sure. If this is not possible in a cellphone, I would like to know if there are any models of MP3 players which can do this? Ideally I would like to transfer the recorded programs onto my computer using a pen drive or a flash drive.

Yours Sincerely,
    rational

2. Pathik

Pathik Google Bot

3230/n70/n72/etc... Btw wats d budget

3. krazyfrog

krazyfrog Guest

The only phones i know that had fm radio recording are Nokia 3300 and Nokia N-Gage. But both these phones have been discontinued. Although you still can get a used N-Gage at around 4k. Please mention your budget. Also you don't need to be that formal while posting (your sincerely, and all that). A simple thanks usually does the trick.

4. gursimran_2006

gursimran_2006 New Member

this is not possible in a cellphone!!!

5. jz2linkinpark

jz2linkinpark New Member

^^: we need an awareness of the mobile era campaign...

6. krazyfrog

krazyfrog Guest

Its very much possible. I just mentioned two models in my post that had this feature.

7. OP
    OP
    rational

rational New Member

I am looking for something in the sub 15k range. But anything under 10K would be ideal.

Some of the phones mentioned above, I think require something called "VisualRadio". It is written in their specifications. But all I want to listen to and record, is Vivid Bharti, FM Rainbow and Radio City. These channels are not listed in the VisualRadio.com website under India. Could someone clarify?

krazyfrog: Nokia N-Gage, I think, has two variations. A friend of mine has it and this variations does not have FM radio at all, leave alone recording. Another friend has it and I have just asked him, and he says that his phone has FM radio. I think his is an imported piece, but am not sure.

And I am sorry about the formality ( yours sincerely). As I said I am new here.

rational

8. Pathik

Pathik Google Bot

ngage has fm.. Ngage qd doesnt

9. krazyfrog

krazyfrog Guest

Well buddy, you could just plainly forget about recording fm in cell phones as none of the new phones support this feature. But since you have a 15k budget, you can go for a cell phone for 10k (like nokia 6630) and buy a mp3 player in the remaining 5k(Transcend T.Sonic 610 1gb). This player can play/record fm and has very good sound quality.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.