Help me choose a cell phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

rational

Right off the assembly line
Hello everyone,

I am a new member here. I registered myself a couple of days back, but this is my first post.

I am going to buy a new cell phone and I want some help in choosing one. The one feature that I am particularly looking for in my new cell phone is that it should be able to play FM radio. I know there are many phones out there which can do this. But the catch is that I want a phone which can recored live FM in MP3/AMR format. Some of my friends told me that this is not possible yet ( I am practically a newbie when it comes to cell phone), but I want to make sure. If this is not possible in a cellphone, I would like to know if there are any models of MP3 players which can do this? Ideally I would like to transfer the recorded programs onto my computer using a pen drive or a flash drive.

Yours Sincerely,
rational

K

krazyfrog

The only phones i know that had fm radio recording are Nokia 3300 and Nokia N-Gage. But both these phones have been discontinued. Although you still can get a used N-Gage at around 4k. Please mention your budget. Also you don't need to be that formal while posting (your sincerely, and all that). A simple thanks usually does the trick.

K

krazyfrog

gursimran_2006 said:
this is not possible in a cellphone!!!
Its very much possible. I just mentioned two models in my post that had this feature.

OP
R

rational

Right off the assembly line
I am looking for something in the sub 15k range. But anything under 10K would be ideal.

Some of the phones mentioned above, I think require something called "VisualRadio". It is written in their specifications. But all I want to listen to and record, is Vivid Bharti, FM Rainbow and Radio City. These channels are not listed in the VisualRadio.com website under India. Could someone clarify?

krazyfrog: Nokia N-Gage, I think, has two variations. A friend of mine has it and this variations does not have FM radio at all, leave alone recording. Another friend has it and I have just asked him, and he says that his phone has FM radio. I think his is an imported piece, but am not sure.

And I am sorry about the formality ( yours sincerely). As I said I am new here.

rational

K

krazyfrog

Well buddy, you could just plainly forget about recording fm in cell phones as none of the new phones support this feature. But since you have a 15k budget, you can go for a cell phone for 10k (like nokia 6630) and buy a mp3 player in the remaining 5k(Transcend T.Sonic 610 1gb). This player can play/record fm and has very good sound quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom