Help me 2 buy a High-End Laptop...

Status
Not open for further replies.

khandu

In the zone
Hi Guys..

Need to buy a laptop by end of Month...

Budget : Rs. 60000-75000

Please dont suggest DELL M1210.. dont like it for much reasons like support / webcam not there / expensive compared to others features / 12" etc...

Also plz dont suggest 17" as it gets heavy ... I picked up HP 9222 and was HEAVY!!!

I have checked out only 2 company Websites : HP and Lenovo... never seen these models in rack.. only on website.. so i dont know about looks or weight...

HP Pavilion dv6314TX ( fav at moment for me ) : *h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/in/en/ho/W...116665-1116665-1116665-13077516-80307124.html

Lenovo website is buggy these days...

Lenovo 776137Q

Lenovo 776146Q : *www-604.ibm.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...18425052502&dualCurrId=1000105&catalogId=-356

Lenovo 07684KA : *www-604.ibm.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...18425042855&dualCurrId=1000105&catalogId=-356

Any other company is accepted.. but dont say to wait for few weeks for santa rosa or something as i cannot ... i have to buy in 10 days..

Please suggest and comment..

Thanks

no comments??? :(

Last edited:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
yeah HP seems good with the price and also the VGA is Geforce 7400 Go :)

and dont buy from web site as in local dealers (mind u, not HP show room rather local dealer and sellers) price may be a good 3 to 4k or even more less :p

Only one Con i can see is, There are 2 RAM slots where as in both the IBM and HP modem its 2x512 :p so no upgrade in future !!!

If possible try to ask the local dealer that u would need it with single 1GB module, and expect few extra bucks for that :p but that may be a worth of investment !!!

OP
K

khandu

In the zone
lol.. who buys from website???

i know about the RAM.. i m already upgrading it to 2 GB replacing 2*512MB ones.. by 2*1GB

The best price till now i have got is 57000 including tax ( WITHOUT THE RAM UPGRADE )

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
i hope you've chucked out the lenovo models. there are no where near the high end tag! i believe lenovo is simply costly.

the hp model is good. u said that u are upgrading to 2gb max. thats again good. but one thing that DOESN'T make it a high end model is the geforce 7400go! i again cripples this model and high end tag can't be granted to it. i'd suggest get a more powerful gfx card since u are ready to spend more. also make sure that the gfx ram is clearly indicated. here it just says upto 512mb shared. try to obtain the info as to how much is dedicated ram for this.

OP
K

khandu

In the zone
ok.. lowest quote now is 55900 ( personal contact )

@infra : how can i upgrade gfx in laptop?? i have 2 buy wat comes in model.. and i dont wanna go for a 17" which has a better gfx..

lenovo only closest thing is 776137Q

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
yeah... but getting a better gfx card i meant not upgrading here but one wid a better stock card.

lenovo config is crap man.. pentium dual core in one and core duo in the other, and both are on gma 950. this config for that price is as crap as it can get!!!

OP
K

khandu

In the zone
Here are pro and con between the 2 model of HP 6314 and Lenovo 137Q

HP : VISTA ULTIMATE, 160GB, media remote, 3 USB, Altec Speakers, Lightscribe DVD RW, Core2 Duo T5300, Geforce 7400 128MB Shared

Lenovo : Vista HOme, Core2 Duo T5500, 120GB, Gefore 7400 256MB dedicated, Better sound Dolby Home Theater, Face recog, 4USB,

.. but ther are no other comp wit better gfx card with other config matching HP 6314 / Lenovo 137Q ...

so finally guys... 6314 ?? 137Q?? or something else??

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@khandu

One more thing from pers0nal expereince...

Consider that u ask your dealer to upgrade the RAM from HP company store... though that would cost u few extra box more than if u do it manually, but I have seen that in case of manual upgradation some time, there are issue when it comes to post sell service...

These companies are very keen to force that if there is any hardware issue its because of that manual RAM upgrade u have done...

anyway with present i would say after 2GB HP looks gr8 :D

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
Do take a look at the HP business notebook section, might work out a bit more expensive, but the buiold quality is far better than the pavilion lappys

OP
K

khandu

In the zone
today i saw 6314TX ... looks was nice..

lenovo although same model was not on display.. other mode was there and they said looks same.. IT LOOKED pathetic.. hope 37Q looks better..

some1 also suggested *www.sony.co.in/subcategorylist.do?catid=317

the 3 in the 1st row.. hows these compared to the top 2 lenovo and HP ???

plz suggest again.. thanks

Pathik

Google Bot
^^ lenovo is a good brand but its very hard on the pocket...
U can get a much better hp lappy in the same price as a lenovo lappy..

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
Choto Cheeta said:
^^^^^

Make no miss-take Lenovo is a very good brand but with those u have mentioned HP looked better than Lenevo !!!

:)

Lenovo has acquired IBm..u all must be knowing that ..that is why i recommend Lenovo but the hp deals look better

OP
K

khandu

In the zone
Yep.. couldnt find any lenovo machine to see it looks

so my mind is set on HP dv6314TX now..

just researching prices...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom