Help: How 2 Use 110V AC US Printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

asheet

Journeyman
Hi
I have Samsung SCX-4200 bought in USA. It accepts 110V AC @5Amps. Pls direct me to a suitabel solution for using it in Mumbai with 220V AC.

It will help if u can respond wrt following :-

1. Cost of replacng the original Power supply of 110V AC with 220V AC through Samsung/3rd party

2. Cost of a StepDown Txformer 220V/110V %amp (Approx 500W)

3. I tried using the 220V to 110V Convertors rated at 1000W but the converter blew up & there was a Spark at printer end also. I don't know if printer is alive or dead. A quick chk with multimeter at printer end showed me that with swithc ON, i get zero Resistance & Infinite with Switch Open.

Pls help me asap

Thanks

Sanjay
92233 23333

shaunak

Tux Fan
Never ever reveal your personal information in posts. Remove your mobile number from your post. Cant trust anyone these days you know.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When your switch is open you will get infinite resistance because no current flows hence no deflection is caused. This is normal. But a multimeter cant tell you if the printer is ok or dead.
Most probably the transformer was under rated. The SCX-4200 is a laser printer and will require high power handeling capacities. Go to a good hardware dealer for your transformer. A transformer would definately cost you less than replacing the power supply. Throughly check the current rating of your transformer.
The printer may not have been damaged by the spike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom