help for upgrading my current config to i7

sidpat007

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: FOR 3D RENDERING, DESIGN PURPOSE, AUTOCAD, REVIT, GAMING

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.

Ans: Max 50k
UPGRADING MY OLD I5 4440 SYSTEM WILL LIKE TO REUSE FEW COMPONENTS

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Nope

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?

Ans: ALREADY HAVE 2 1.5 TB HDD, BUT WANT ONE SSD NOW.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: HAVE A 22 INCH MONITOR

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: HAVE FOLLOWING COMPONENTS
NVIDIA GTX 960 4TB
Seasonic S12II-520 POWER SUPPLY WILL IT BE SUFFICIENT
CABINET COOLER MASTER 340

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: by end of THIS WEEK

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?

Ans: I have built, but i know a assembler he will do it.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: MUMBAI. Locally or online. if you have any suggestions on local purchase please share the shop name and location.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I WOULD LIKE AN INTEL I7 BASED SYSTEM

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Any reason why i7? Recently Intel chip's prices shot up. It would shoot up your budget a little.

~45k
Ryzen 5 2600 (you can even fit 2600X by spending 3k more for 5-10% more performance)
Asus TUF B450 PLUS GAMING
Corsair Vengeance 2 x 8GB DDR 3000mhz
Logitech KB & Mouse combo
Samsung 860 EVO 250 GB

OP
S

sidpat007

How much of your usage would be rendering and how much for gaming (percentage wise)?
mainly rendering only, around 90% , my current i5 4440 has full usage in rendering and requires 10 hrs to render files on 3dmax. mainly updating for rendering purpose only

OP
S

sidpat007

Any reason why i7? Recently Intel chip's prices shot up. It would shoot up your budget a little.

~45k
Ryzen 5 2600 (you can even fit 2600X by spending 3k more for 5-10% more performance)
Samsung 860 EVO 250 GB
mainly for high speed for rendering required so upgrading, so i was preferring i7

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
mainly for high speed for rendering required so upgrading, so i was preferring i7
Cheapest 8th gen i7 (which is 6C/12T) is priced at 32k. Mobo + ram would consume the rest of the budget and you won't even get 16GB ram. Also, intel stock heatsinks are crap. You'd need a good cooler as well.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member

~45k
Samsung 860 EVO 250 GB
Asus TUF has one of the worst VRMs in B450 category mobos.Check this buildzoid youtube review of B450 mobos,quite informative & somewhat hilarious too.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Asus TUF has one of the worst VRMs in B450 category mobos.Check this buildzoid youtube review of B450 mobos,quite informative & somewhat hilarious too.
It's a long video, I have bookmarked it and I will sure watch it. Thanks for the link.

Minion

Conversation Architect
AMD RYZEN 7 1700 3.0 GHZ (3.7 GHZ TURBO) SOCKET AM4 65W DESKTOP PROCESSOR-17,000
MSI B350 TOMAHAWK-9,100
Corsair 16GB(1x16GB) DDR4 DRAM-3000 MHZ C16 VENGEANCE LPX-11,800
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB-5,400
FRACTAL DESIGN MESHIFY C BLACK CASE FD-CA-MESH-C-BKO-TGL-7,800

Your computer case don't have sufficient cooling so suggested a new computer case

nac

Aspiring Novelist
1700 would cost almost same and could help in faster rendering because of more cores/threads..
I removed all the first gen chips from my watchlist. Yes, 1700 is slightly better esp. after recent price drop it should be considered. Having said that, 2600x is not far behind. 2nd gen optimization, clock speed makes up for it. Still I couldn't make up my mind between 2600x and 1700.
I think I have seen this video before. Probably you shared the link before.
Okay. He just eyeballed product images and just shared his views. And I watched couple of his other videos as well. I don't think TUF board is pathetic/worst/dumb/terrible/crap based on the reviews I read online. In fact, it's a good one. He pretty much ditched every single B450 motherboard in that video.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
He has a bit of reputation,check out reddit threads. He is not some paid reviewer & all the mobos he test,he buy it using his own money. Afterwards he sells them to recover some of his cost but as his testing results in voiding of warranty so he can only sell it at cheap rates even if it is only a few days old mobo. Because of this he is unable to test all mobos & only select a very few mobos for actual testing(hence the lots of eyeballing because why would anyone spend money on something if the first impression itself is not good).

MSI B450 Gaming vs. Asus Strix B450-F Gaming : Amd
Check this youtube video from above reddit thread,it also confirm buildzoid theoretical evaluation of B450 mobos.
And Asus ROG Strix B450F gaming is somewhat higher than their "TUF" series.You can see for yourself by searching for individual reviews of VRM temps of various mobos mentioned in buildzoid video & you will find they more or less confirm his predictions.

Another video from same reddit thread praising MSI B450 Tomahawk(buildzoid praised only MSI mobos this & gaming pro ac if I remember correctly).

P.S. It is not like TUF is a bad mobo but it is a bad choice for anything above 4 cores or 4cores apu(2200/2400G) especially if you are planning on OC.

Last edited:
Top Bottom