Help for Printer Installation - Windows Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsb

Broken In
I use a HP laptop, Core2Duo, T7500 2.2GHz, 2 GB RAM, runs on Vista Business. I recently got one small multifunction printer/scanner/copier/fax, HP Officejet 5610 but not able to install it on my laptop.

Whenever, I try to install it using the CD provided with the printer (for Vista), I get an error message that HP installer plug-in has stopped working. After which I cant move further. I have to close the window and abort the installation. I tried to download the drivers etc through HP's website but problem remains unchanged.

I thought it may be due to Norton's internet security which I am using. I turned off virus protection, spyware protection etc etc.. but to no avail.

I know, if I connect the printer directly, Vista will install the printer but I dont get application interface for scanner, copier or fax.

I would appreciate, if some one could help me to install the software on my laptop.

BSB

skghosh44

dig_boy_dig,dig !
I think on connecting d printer directly in Vista, most probabily u will get all the interface. After direct installation try to do print,scan fax and look what the error msg come out. It it ask for installation CD do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom