Headphones under 6K-7K

adikumar2010

Journeyman
I am looking for headphones to be used in this ratio : 40% Gaming - 35% Music - 25% Movie/TV Series and will be using them with PC & sometimes on PS4. Very rarely with mobile.

These are my main uses :
Games - Apex Legends, Hyperscape, RUST
Music - Trap & Bass, Dubstep, Moombahton, Hip-Hop/Rap (Mostly heavy bass songs)
Movie/Series - All types

I don't think Bluetooth headphones are good for gaming coz of latency. I am fine with wired ones & I don't think I can get 2.4Ghz wireless in this budget. Looks don't matter at all. My focus is only overall sound quality.

I did little research & found that many gaming headphones are usually not good in bass as they lack deep bass. Also I think if sometimes I will be connecting them to mobile then I should stick with 3.5mm jack. But I can sacrifice connectivity options for great sound quality, so even if the headset can only be used with PC but has top sound quality then I will buy it.

OP
adikumar2010

adikumar2010

Journeyman
Get Audio Technica ATH-M20x
@Desmond David got one recently.

It doesn't have mic but I have one very old desk mic so I am willing to let go of mic if sound is good. Headphones only have replacement policy on amazon so if I get them and they are not good I can't get refund. That's the reason I want to be sure that I make the right choice.

Most people are saying it lacks bass in reviews not even 1 person said it has good bass. Also people complaining they are bit heavy for long term usage.

1.PNG

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Yes, I agree. This is not a basshead headphone because M20x is a studio monitor. It has a more tight, punchy kind of bass and it has a more flat soundstage.

But since I am not a basshead so it's appropriate for me. That being said, the bass is not bad though you will have to tweak it better with an EQ to get it to sound how you like.

The mids are where this headphone shines. Just don't expect the "boom-boom" kind of bass.

Last edited:
OP
adikumar2010

adikumar2010

Journeyman
Any other I can check out?

These are the few that I found in stock on Amazon, almost all corsair are out of stock -

Razer Kraken (RZ04-02830100-R3M1)
Thermaltake Tt eSports Shock Pro HT-HSE-ANECBK-23
HyperX Cloud Stinger Core for PS
HyperX Cloud Stinger

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I'd personally avoid gaming headphones. It's better to have some known traditional brand of headphones such as JBL, Sony, etc.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
That is good as well if it's available. But note that this one also a studio monitor and thus, like the M20x, also has a flat soundstage with more pronounced mids.

But somewhat better audio quality than M20x.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Audio technica is know for its clarity & balance sound.

If compromising on mic then you can check Samson SR950 which had given tough competition to older ath m50 as per many reviewers back then.

Priced @3750 on bajaao.
SR 950 not a bass monster but can delivery good one if paired with good amp/ source.

OP
adikumar2010

adikumar2010

Journeyman
I hope all these headphones will do fine for gaming too to track directional audio when playing battleroyale games.

Audio technica is know for its clarity & balance sound.

If compromising on mic then you can check Samson SR950 which had given tough competition to older ath m50 as per many reviewers back then.

Priced @3750 on bajaao.
SR 950 not a bass monster but can delivery good one if paired with good amp/ source.

Samson SR950 has very good reviews also and it has extra bass too which audio technica lacks

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Yes, I agree. This is not a basshead headphone because M20x is a studio monitor.
I want to add to this point that the M20x can actually provide pretty good bass, just that you don't get it out of the box. If you are willing to sit and tweak the equalizer a bit, you will find that it's bass is actually pretty good.

OP
adikumar2010

adikumar2010

Journeyman
I want to add to this point that the M20x can actually provide pretty good bass, just that you don't get it out of the box. If you are willing to sit and tweak the equalizer a bit, you will find that it's bass is actually pretty good.

What's the burn-in period for it roughly?

Top Bottom