headache with bsnl bb

TechnoBOY

Padawan
i took bsnl bb this month and i couldn't even use 8gb because it was not stable:-(:-? and most of the time horrible speed:-x.
is it normal or u guys get stable connection and any thing to do to speed up the speed

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
in your modem settings--status/device info/something similar page look for snr & attn values.for a stable working connection both snr values should be above 15 & both attn values should be below 50(some modems use 0.1dB scale mentioned in which case divide values by 10 to get normal values).if not then line is bad & time to call bsnl local lineman.

OP
TechnoBOY

TechnoBOY

Padawan
in your modem settings--status/device info/something similar page look for snr & attn values.for a stable working connection both snr values should be above 15 & both attn values should be below 50(some modems use 0.1dB scale mentioned in which case divide values by 10 to get normal values).if not then line is bad & time to call bsnl local lineman.

11111.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

11111.JPG this is wat i hav

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
with such low snr values no wonder your connection is so unstable.get your line checked by local lineman & unless these values reach 15 or above don't expect a stable connection.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
^ Friend, whitestar_999, please check my snr & attn. values of D-Link DSL-2520U under BSNL BB Home Combo ULD999 plan.

Posting screenshot :--->
*i.imgur.com/dMw2N5u.png

Also posting the ADSL BER Test values :--->

*i.imgur.com/OaCyWPD.png

Last edited:

chetan.g

Journeyman
Re: headache with bsnl bb

View attachment 14645

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 14645 this is wat i hav

long time I too faced this type of frustation .. BSNL lineman-s are the WORLDS MOST DUMMEST CREATURE AND THEIR OFFICERS ARE DUMMEST OF THEM !!!

I had to have several rounds to their office .. explaining them about the SNR and attn values, ... the lineman simply told "dont know what I am telling " and their officers though they pretend to show they know what you are saying but you will know eventually that they also dont know any thing about it !!!

Better .... u give up the line and take other ISPs .. coz with BSNL comes great Headache ... just do google search and u will notice how their customer service is . One of the worst Tel. company .!!

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Well at least in my place the linesman is really cool, he knows stuffs WAY more than those bald headed sodding officers. Once the officers came to my place to check why the link was rapidly going off and on, and then spent a whole ****ing hour on my desktop doing this and that, they couldn't open their own portal by the way and blamed by non-BSNL router, LMAO, then gave up and said we'll do something from our office. Later the linesman came and just checked the splitter and said there are some rusting or something and just need to change it, I told him that the senior officers didn't say that, then he gave a smile, I should've taken a photo of that face of his, so much disrespect, yet he has to keep a fake respect, you know why, SARKARI company hai, I'm dumb so what, I'm 60 and I've some mother****ing designation.
And my parents think circus only happened in their time.

Gollum

Collector
Well at least in my place the linesman is really cool, he knows stuffs WAY more than those bald headed sodding officers. Once the officers came to my place to check why the link was rapidly going off and on, and then spent a whole ****ing hour on my desktop doing this and that, they couldn't open their own portal by the way and blamed by non-BSNL router, LMAO, then gave up and said we'll do something from our office. Later the linesman came and just checked the splitter and said there are some rusting or something and just need to change it, I told him that the senior officers didn't say that, then he gave a smile, I should've taken a photo of that face of his, so much disrespect, yet he has to keep a fake respect, you know why, SARKARI company hai, I'm dumb so what, I'm 60 and I've some mother****ing designation.
And my parents think circus only happened in their time.

Yeah, this is why I biught the shitty wifi router from BSNL directly.
I did not want their BS on this.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Yeah, this is why I biught the shitty wifi router from BSNL directly.
I did not want their BS on this.
It has one advantage always, link use to come very fast with their bloody routers. On mine it takes 10 minutes at average.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
[MENTION=123453]kg11sgbg[/MENTION],5.7 is quite low but if it is stable & considering that it is for upstream it should be fine with some problems here & there.

i never asked lineman in my area for help & instead learned to do everything from using safety pins & small flat headed screwdrivers to scratch rust/dust off of splitter/router/phone line ports & connectors to using a simple blade to peel off the rust coating from the wires in junction box outside home.

kaz

right here
UpstreamDownstream
Current Rate (Kbps)10228192
Max Rate (Kbps)114910796
SNR Margin (dB)8.717.9
Line Attenuation (dB)20.134.5
Occupancy (%)8875
Errors (Pkts)00

Creating this was a tiring process...

I get full 4mbps with this constantly till 8gb even when the SNR is little high

OP
TechnoBOY

TechnoBOY

Padawan
UpstreamDownstream
Current Rate (Kbps)10228192
Max Rate (Kbps)114910796
SNR Margin (dB)8.717.9
Line Attenuation (dB)20.134.5
Occupancy (%)8875
Errors (Pkts)00

Creating this was a tiring process...

I get full 4mbps with this constantly till 8gb even when the SNR is little high
You are lucky

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
4mbps ? Which plan ? [MENTION=121890]kaz[/MENTION]

My values are within normal limits still it disconnects pretty regualrly..only thing that works is taking the phone receiver off the hook and keepin it like that, used to do that when i was playing dota regularly!!

Last edited:

kaz

right here
4mbps ? Which plan ? [MENTION=121890]kaz[/MENTION]

My values are within normal limits still it disconnects pretty regualrly..only thing that works is taking the phone receiver off the hook and keepin it like that, used to do that when i was playing dota regularly!!

ULD 999Plan...4mbps upto 8gb :cry:
Mine is pretty stable, no disconnect from many days

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
ULD 999Plan...4mbps upto 8gb :cry:
Mine is pretty stable, no disconnect from many days
I am also on the same Plan,but very recently disconnection problems have started,though they are well resolved by BSNL whenever I raise a complaint.

Where do you stay ?

kaz

right here
I am also on the same Plan,but very recently disconnection problems have started,though they are well resolved by BSNL whenever I raise a complaint.

Where do you stay ?

I am in Dhanbad, Jharkhand...And yes, they do resolve issues immediately here also :)

Top Bottom